What do you guys think the conditions for an ibanez are?What type of music? Will a s470 be versatile to satisfy funk rock and pop rock? Or will a Highway 1 HSS be a better choice?

I always thought ibanez was for heavy metal..due to its 2 humbuckers.I tried a rg350 the other day and the feel was nice.But i don't suppose its ok for me to compare yet,due to the fact that i've not tried the highway 1 HSS and the s470,but i have heard that both are great guitars. The fender highway has quite a big difference in price compared to the s470.Both has 22 frets..and if i'm not wrong,jumbo frets for both too.

Considering the fact that i like pop rock/punk rock/funk rock and maybe a tiny tea spoon of metal,which guitar would be a better choice?

And should i just get both?
You can play any style of music on an Ibanez and it will sound fine...
DRAGONFORCE IS THE HARDEST METAL KNOWN TO MAN
actually the reason for the making of the s series in the first place was to be able to do everyhting but metal users found it a good guitar to use for metal soo they geared towards metal a bit more but still keep to there word and yes you can use it for everything but people think since it looks metal its ment for metal and most times thats not true......except in b.c richs case, thats obvious

haha are you kidding me?
Member #3 of the Breaking Benjamin Fanclub PM Electric7 to join.
Quote by pavel
haha are you kidding me?

No, are you 10 years old?

His amp, effects, and playing will make up most of his tone. There are videos of people playing metal on Telecasters and Semi-Hollows.
DRAGONFORCE IS THE HARDEST METAL KNOWN TO MAN
why did you make a new thread??

just play both and see which one you like the best.

do u want double humbuckers or HSS, its all a matter of preferance
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
oh yeah...and does the single coil in the middle help in clean sounds? i might need some clean sounds once in a while..
Quote by IBANEZ_EDGE

i agree, i play everything on my Ibanez from blues to metal

it all sounds fine
I'm Nick.

Ibanez GR170DX
crappy Peavey 15W

Ibanez GSR200
Warwick Bluecab of some sort
ya i own a arx and its good for death metal and jazz i would totally get the s but remember theres a floyd......soo there is somethings your cant do
Quote by convictionless
ya i own a arx and its good for death metal and jazz i would totally get the s but remember theres a floyd......soo there is somethings your cant do

like? but will i be able to handle funk rock/pop rock/punk rock well?
You really cant go past the fender i think, its alot more veresitile guitar... Plus i dont recomend getting a guitar with a floyd rose unless its absolutley necesarry.... I dont really think that the ibanez with its pups would be able to handle funk very well.. The strat was purpose built for your needs basically....
Frank Zappa's not dead. He just smells funny.
Quote by sheumack111
blah blah veresitile blah blah blah
UG word butchering has hit a new low. At this point, my own dyslexia genuflects and whistles softly in the moonlight.

Get the one you like more aesthetically. Both will be able to get the tones you're looking for. The strat has better pickups, the S has better tuning stability. Sabers with a right choice of pickups can play anything, although in your case, I would personally get the strat.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Quote by pifty
UG word butchering has hit a new low. At this point, my own dyslexia genuflects and whistles softly in the moonlight.

Quote by sheumack111

It's even spelled correctly in the title of the thread to which you're replying!
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
so fender? i guess the single humbucker will be able to take care of a bit of distortion right? highway one would be a good choice?
Quote by pifty

It's even spelled correctly in the title of the thread to which you're replying!

Your clever. Obviously spent far too much time studying dictionaries, rather then playing/studying music.
Quote by NoobOnZone
so fender? i guess the single humbucker will be able to take care of a bit of distortion right? highway one would be a good choice?
A single humbucker will be able to take care of a lot of distortion, if you want it to. The stock one probably won't be a powerhouse, but you could always throw in something gainier down the road.

The S pickups aren't really anything to get excited about out of the box - you'll be able to get a bit of not so good sounding distortion until you upgrade anyways. So I'd get the Fender unless you positively want a locking trem, or if you're like me and simply can't get comfortable with Fender necks.

Quote by sheumack111
Your clever. Obviously spent far too much time studying dictionaries, rather then playing/studying music.
I don't worry about the versatility of my knowledge, while you're obviously fairly adept at making presumptions about things that are anything but obvious.
Quote by sheumack111

*You're

EDIT: Damn it pifty

Anyway, TS, the Strat will probably be your best bet, it majors in those genres more than the Ibanez, even though it's versatile.
Last edited by buckethead_jr at Oct 15, 2007,
Well, other than the weak pickups and buzz causing trem, it's great for metal (ibanez was leaning in that direction). Just put a hot rodded set of pickups in (or just get another ibanez). I have an ibanez s-series (different from my s-series prestige,which rocks) and it sounded fine for any kind of music, but it was unpleasent to play, to me anyway.
Quote by BoomBazookaJoe
Well, other than the weak pickups and buzz causing trem, it's great for metal (ibanez was leaning in that direction). Just put a hot rodded set of pickups in (or just get another ibanez). I have an ibanez s-series (different from my s-series prestige,which rocks) and it sounded fine for any kind of music, but it was unpleasent to play, to me anyway.

The ZR trem does not cause any buzz if set up correctly (and it's easy to set up).
Quote by kyrreca
The ZR trem does not cause any buzz if set up correctly (and it's easy to set up).
Word up. ZR has next to no learning curve, and works very well.
the s is much cheaper...but i can probably afford both...i tried a rg350..and if i'm not wrong,the s series has a same type of wizard neck as the rg350? well,i loved the neck...but i've yet to try both the s and the highway one..
Bloody easy. Sum 41 isn't the heaviest or most tone demanding band in the world. Easy.
Gear.
Peters Chimaira tube amp
Harley Benton 2xv30's
IbanezS470(evo,paf)
Jackson dinky select series USA
ESP LTD EC1000VB
MI audio boostnbuff+crunchbox
Carbon copy MXR + smart gate
the HW1 HSS will handle all of your musical needs, I really dont suggest the ibanez, you really wont need the locking trem, the hum in the bridge of the strat is more than enough, and the singles can get you some real nice clean tones.