Ok I know VERY little about these things. My other guitarist just got one and I absolutely love what it did to his tone. I plan on buying one now. Now, he bought his in a rack mount form. I was looking online and I noticed that they have them in a pedal form as well. He has a 362 Maximizer. I wanna know if the Sonic Stomp is gonna have the same effect as the rack. Anyone know?
It's a newer "improved" chipset, but should have similiar results.

Quote by from BBE website
Guitarists and bassists have been demanding a foot pedal version of the legendary BBE Sonic Maximizer and the wait is finally over!

Many musicians don't have a spot for the rack mount unit, but long for the legendary clarity, definition and punch that only a Sonic Maximizer can provide. BBE took heed and carefully designed the Sonic Stomp foot pedal which delivers the same amazing sonic improvement as our popular 482i Sonic Maximizer.

Other features include hard-wire bypass, non-slip rubber bottom, easy-access 9v battery compartment and
included external power supply.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
are u interested in one? i have a sonic maximizer stompbox if ur interested in buying it.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
haha, nice, nothing better than used gear that you know works.

Whatever you get, pedal or other, IMO, it works best on the fx loop.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
I think glen drover has one in his pedalboard.
It seems like they're good though.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
^^it sure does. but sad thing is, my main amp doesnt have an FX loop

so yea.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by ECistheBest
^^it sure does. but sad thing is, my main amp doesnt have an FX loop

so yea.

yeah, I can see why you're getting rid of it then. I didn't like it much in front of the amps I've tried.
amp clips
amp vids
I've been using the Sonic Stomp for a while now and it is just like people say...like lifting a blanket off your amp. You dont know its on while you're using it, but if you switch it off its like, well throwing a blanket over your cabinet.
IMO a good 10 band EQ is a much better choice.
Emo is to music as etch-a-sketch is to art.

Quote by TMVolta19
Music can't really be judged, since it's all on the same level. Unless it's screamo. then it sucks.
honestly man i would not suggest gettin it
its a weird effect

to me it honestly sounds better at first. but when you have it on you loose all your tube tone and all those little nuinces that makes an amp shine

and the biggest thing i noticed after usuing for about 4 months n giggin with it was that you completly looose yourself in the mix..

all in all i would rather use it as a paper weight then a pedal
Guitars- Gibson SG Stanadard (stock)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Emg 81/85

Amp- Marshall Jcm 2000 DSL/1960 Lead Cab

Pedals- Boss TU-2, Ibanez TS-9, Boss NS-2, Line 6 DL-4, Boss Ph-3, Boss GE-7
I don't like it for guitar it has a weird compression effect that sort of makes your tone really sterile, might be good if you're into shred or something.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
thefitz has a thread in the bass forum that explains a fair bit about the Sonic Maximizer in it's various forms and versions.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
i would say that if you have a solid state, get it.

If you have a tube amp, i would advise against it

That's exactly what I found when I had the rack mount one. It sounded pretty good (improved) the SS tone, but took some dynamics from the tube amps when played louder (although the tube amps did sound a bit livelier at low volumes IMO). Sold the BBE when I got my good amps.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
I dunno, I think it depends what kinds of music you play alot of too. I've found a ton of uses for it, running it with mutli's, mixers, preamps, bass, etc... I've had the rackmount for a while, and I really like what it does in certain applications. I like how it can add some girth, and can bring out some presence in the sound if you dial it for that. You just can't go overboard with it, which is easy to do I've found. Dial too much, and it can definitely make it sound "processed", just as the controls would imply. I use it a lot when I'm messing around with different metal tones. If I'm playing something where I want a ton of dynamics with powertube overdrive though, I bypass it. For most cleans, blues, and classic rock, I don't really like how it interacts with the tone, but I don't like a lot of fx with those tones anyway.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by riffhog
That's exactly what I found when I had the rack mount one. It sounded pretty good (improved) the SS tone, but took some dynamics from the tube amps when played louder (although the tube amps did sound a bit livelier at low volumes IMO). Sold the BBE when I got my good amps.

u had the situation i'm in before!!! except mine was the pedal. if any of you are interested, check out my junkyard!!!
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard