For Yo La Tengo, I think the general consensus is that I Can Hear the Heart Beating as One is one of the best. I like their new album, I Am Not Afraid of You and I Will Beat Your Ass a lot too.
Epi Les Paul Standard with BB Pros
Vox 847A Wah->Fulltone Fulldrive 2->EHX Big Muff Pi->DD-3->EHX SMMwH->Fender Blues Deluxe
Quote by Paris_In_Flames
Yo La Tengo, Blonde Redhead, and Low albums? These bands have gone past me for too long, mostly cuz I didnt know where to start.

ylt - i can hear the heart...
i am not afraid...
summer sun

low - long division

blonde redhead - i don't really listen to them all that much, but general consensus seems to say misery is a butterfly, but i have also heard people say 23
You could seriously pick up the majority of the Low collection and be pretty happy with it. Personal favourites are 'Christmas', 'curtain hits the cast', 'trust', 'long division' and 'things we lost in the fire'. Seriously, can't cut it down and could quite happily have put everything they've done on the list - apart from 'Drums & guns' and the 'Tonight the monkey dies' EP, they're both rather ****.

Blonde Redhead are pretty strong all-round as well. I hear the new one is meant to be really good, but I've yet to hear it.

Yo La Tengo, not my favourite of bands, but 'And then nothing turned itself inside-out' is decent.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
if you want to sample Yo La Tengo, their best of, "Prisoners of Love," has a good collection of songs
Quote by nickernzen
For Yo La Tengo, I think the general consensus is that I Can Hear the Heart Beating as One is one of the best. I like their new album, I Am Not Afraid of You and I Will Beat Your Ass a lot too.

My thoughts exactly. Two awesome albums right there.
Current Rig:
Fender CS Eric Clapton Strat
Fender '65 Twin Reverb Reissue
Digitech Crossroads Pedal

In the stereo: The Rolling Stones - Let It Bleed