I have an American Fender Strat, and also an RG550RXX with the original Edge Trem. I have since come to love floating trems (once I mastered setting them up, I could never go back). I was wondering if it's possible to put an Ibanez Edge into a Strat? I've compared the Edge to an OFR and I like feel and the stability of the Edge better.

you probably have to rout some wood out of the strat's tremolo cavity. i think it is possible though.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by ECistheBest
you probably have to rout some wood out of the strat's tremolo cavity. i think it is possible though.

Right, I just read that Tom Morello had an Edge on his Strat. Now I need to come up with the money; damn.
Morello is a mad scientist with guitar modding.

It's quite a bit of work, if you want it recessed, or much less work if you want it non-recessed. I actually recently saw an HM Strat with the Edge fitted in sell on ebay... Don't forget that an Edge kit runs a coin too, and you're not likely to find a new one for sale.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Edge has different measurements than an OFR, it won't be a direct swap. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

I know the LoTRS and the OFR are swappable but not the Edge with LoTRS/OFR.
DRAGONFORCE IS THE HARDEST METAL KNOWN TO MAN
^he doesn't want to swap the Edge with an OFR i think. he wants to swap a Fender synchronized tremolo with an Edge???
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by ECistheBest
^he doesn't want to swap the Edge with an OFR i think. he wants to swap a Fender synchronized tremolo with an Edge???

Right.
He said he compared the Edge to and OFR and liked it better so I just assumed his strat had an OFR.
DRAGONFORCE IS THE HARDEST METAL KNOWN TO MAN