anyone have or tried the kerry king emg pickups? are they worth the 200 $ and what are the differences in tone, i play mostly slayer and slayer-esk stuff with my Rotor EXP
SCALD
Quote by Phill-Rock
That, or being absolutely broke - though you always find money for cigarettes, then end up even more broke.

so true ^.

Quote by smb
I think it's a type of fish.

PM me for GP5
same a the Zakk Wlyde set but it has the gain boost thing to install in the guitar too which you dont really need.
they are the same as the normal ones of the same model (81s i think) it should be noted that he also uses an EMG afterburner. But you need a tube amp for actives to really be worth it in terms of increased gain.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
they are the same as the normal ones of the same model (81s i think) it should be noted that he also uses an EMG afterburner. But you need a tube amp for actives to really be worth it in terms of increased gain.

that has to be one of the more careless things ive ever heard. the pickup will essentially do the same thing on any amp, regardless of circuitry.

and yes, its basically just a zakk wylde set with a 20db(i think) gain boost.
kool so like zacks but just kooler? that kerry king for ye :P
SCALD
Quote by Phill-Rock
That, or being absolutely broke - though you always find money for cigarettes, then end up even more broke.

so true ^.

Quote by smb
I think it's a type of fish.

PM me for GP5
Quote by TehJermie
that has to be one of the more careless things ive ever heard. the pickup will essentially do the same thing on any amp, regardless of circuitry.

and yes, its basically just a zakk wylde set with a 20db(i think) gain boost.

yeah it will do the same thing but on a SS amp you don't want/need a gain boost because it will just make your amp sound harsh and buzzy.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
My ZW set works well with a solidstate amp, I don't think you'd want to install the gain booster in front of a solidstate though.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2