Hey, so recently i tried lowering the action of my floyd rose and the entire thing sorta popped out of one of the screws holding it down.

so ive got it all back in place but with the wammy bar in it will only bend towards the guitar.. i.e. make it low, and not high.

how do i fix this? heres some pics.. probably a bit useless but whatever might help.

any response appreciated

]
Last edited by maffooo at Oct 15, 2007,
Looks likes the spring tension is too high, most likley because there are only four strings on the guitar. Try putting all your strings on and then adjusting the spring tension and all should be ok.

How did you adjust the action? did you turn the posts so that the whole bridge is lower or did you adjust the springs in the back?
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
Last edited by .:Darkness:. at Oct 15, 2007,
i turned the two allen bolts on the side, them being the posts i presume. how high should they be? im pretty sure before hand it would still bend both ways.

should the floyd rose be flat with the body of the guitar? at the moment mine is pretty much sitting on its ass i think.. or will it re tension when more strings are on and tight? does the combination of springs and strings simply set it halfway like a see-saw?

not much experience with floyd rose bridges =\

cheers
hey just wanna ask u smth not related to ur question

i realised ur missing 1 square lock thingy on the low E string( the one that is supposed to be between the string and the screw). I lost mine too..just wondering isit okay? will it cause any problem?
ahh yep.. it is just like a see saw.. but now the posts allen slots have turned into circles so i cant lower it. when tensions tight the strings sit about a cm high -_- argh
Basically you want the spring tension to be equal to the string tension. Because you dont have a full set of strings on they aren't pulling against the bridge enough to raise it up out of the body. You want the Floyd to sit about level with the body.

There are plenty of sites helping you with Floyds, theres a nice you tube video explaining the process but i think the one here is better. il post up the link.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9718714&postcount=1

Basically your going to want to put on a full set of strings and if your Floyd was doing good before that then it should return to about normal.

edit: your allen key posts are now circles? well your screwed on that part now if you want a different action. If you want to change the action height you need to removed all the strings and possibly springs so that you can turn the posts easily. Im pretty sure you can find replacement posts online but im not sure where.
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
Last edited by .:Darkness:. at Oct 15, 2007,
Agh! Put a full set of strings on that guitar! Thats why its sunk so much into the body, its common sense.

Before you take anymore strings off stick a small pencil under the bridge so that it doesnt sink right into the guitar.

Then, give it a full setup/intonation.
we answered your question. you screwed up the posts so you wont be able to adjust the action on those posts anymore and i gave you a link explaining how to equal the tension on the floyd, what other questions did you have?
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
no no thats not me =p he wants to know if the cover thats disappeared off my 'e' string is important or not

thanks for the input, over the last hour ive become completely floyd rose educated =p.

in the meantime i just tightened those strings for it to stay level.. will treat it with some new ones tomorrow.
You mean the 'E' string? lower case 'e' is for the high e. upper case 'E' is for the low E .

I hope it all goes well.
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
Quote by Dark_Merlin

Before you take anymore strings off stick a small pencil under the bridge so that it doesnt sink right into the guitar..

I actually prefer cardboard, like the packs DR strings come in, or the packaging from my Ibanez TS9.
^Is that really rigid enough?

Quote by maffooo
no no thats not me =p he wants to know if the cover thats disappeared off my 'e' string is important or not

Hehe, 'cover'...
Quote by Pikka Bird
^Is that really rigid enough?

Holds them up fine. I break it up ,with three pieces being enough to hold it.