Hello

I've practiced this song Basket Case by Green day now.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TV8Gid5DX4A
I learnd it from this video and i don't know, but are you supposed to go like just go fast and like add a high picksound in every end of powerchord you set. Or just go on and play and do it like you want or witch is best for you ? Cause i don't get the same sound as him, well mabye bacause his AMP and Guitar is kickass compared to mine but anyway, please tell me how to strum or how i should do ?

Thanks!
Oh dear.. Wrong forum.

And you're going to get flamed.

Lordy lou, are you going to get flamed...
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
guitar and bass basics
Quote by SkyValley
Kids keep having sex younger and younger these days. Eventually kids will be born without their virginity and their first words will be "bow chicka bow wow."
lol.. he doesn't palm mute the end of the chords it's a clean hit :| best to delete this thead
Quote by musical donkey
cyclobs you are demented..... in a good way
aw, poor kid.

in answer to your question. . .it sounds the way it does because or the way he mutes the strings the majority of the time but unmutes to give this rhythmic stabbing effect.

If you count it, I think the chord stabs occur on the 2 beat, the 'and' of 3 and the 'and' of 4.

Good luck, guitar and bass basics forum next time.
Last edited by nodice182 at Oct 15, 2007,
I'm sorry, i shall leave now. And think about what i did and practice =(