Ok, I'm buying an Ibanez Xiphos. I've read tons of reviews and stuff, so YES I AM BUYING IT. I don't want people telling me how bad the Edge III and YES I WILL REPLACE IT. I just want some advice on which colour. And also I want to know what the best path I could take replacing the trem.
ALL HAIL THE WEREFETUS

"And he opened his mouth and out came not words, but a savage and evil fire"

SATAAN!!! MRAHNGDIPMJEH!!

www.myspace.com/werefetusband
The green one of course!

Black guitars aren't metal, they're just boring. Nothing spells rock like a bright coloured pointy guitar.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
buy a OFR for $180 and have a friend/guy at a local shop switch it out. plain and simple. the only reason i went with a schecter is because of the price for a floyd and the charge for getting it put in. just wasnt worth it, but thats me. if you have the cash. go for it.
Quote by Zach
I'm gonna make a poster of my pinky finger that says in big bold letters on the bottom 'USE IT'
Quote by Switch
I was not expecting him to have a ferret skilled in nuclear weaponry
Quote by ashra
buy a OFR for $180 and have a friend/guy at a local shop switch it out. plain and simple. the only reason i went with a schecter is because of the price for a floyd and the charge for getting it put in. just wasnt worth it, but thats me. if you have the cash. go for it.

You can easily switch one yourself; the Edge III is a direct swap.

There's no need to swap it right away though, since the EDGE III will last for a while (unless you plan to sell it on Ebay).
Quote by Bonsaischaap
The green one of course!

Black guitars aren't metal, they're just boring. Nothing spells rock like a bright coloured pointy guitar.

Good point. But which one? they're both green! Blue or red?

BTW Im also changing the bridge pup with an EMG 81
ALL HAIL THE WEREFETUS

Quote by CrunchyMonkey
Good point. But which one? they're both green! Blue or red?

BTW Im also changing the bridge pup with an EMG 81

Why change the pick-ups? It already comes with Dimarzios.
DRAGONFORCE IS THE HARDEST METAL KNOWN TO MAN
Quote by IBANEZ_EDGE
Why change the pick-ups? It already comes with Dimarzios.

Nah i've got the EMG already and I love their tone. When it comes to metal pickups EMG's kick ass
ALL HAIL THE WEREFETUS

Quote by CrunchyMonkey
Nah i've got the EMG already and I love their tone. When it comes to metal pickups EMG's kick ass

You'll need two EMG's - you can't mix actives and passives. However you should see how the stock pickups behave first seeing as they're D-Activators which are supposzed to mimic the tonal curve of EMG actives anyway.

EMG's aren't the be-all and end-all of pickups, even for metal...far from it in fact. What kind of amp do you have?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I have the red. I would definitely get the red over the blue, but I got the Xiphos about 2 months before the black became available for mass production, and I am planning on trading the red for the black soon. So I say get black.
Gear:
Jackson Pro Series DK2 Dinky (Eerie Dess Swirl)
Ibanez XPT700 Xiphos (Chameleon Red) =D

Crate FXT65 amp with 3-way foot switch
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah Pedal
Quote by MurderWorship
I have the red. I would definitely get the red over the blue, but I got the Xiphos about 2 months before the black became available for mass production, and I am planning on trading the red for the black soon. So I say get black.

Why the hell would you want it black so bad.

If you're going to trade it, that means you'd have to pay money to get a guitar you already have in a duller colour. Honestly, why the hell would you do that?

It may seem cool to have a black guitar, but they don't really stand out on stage that well and they show finger prints a lot better than other colours, so they always look dirty, unless you constantly clean them.

The regular finish on the Xiphos is pretty unique and will, especially in combination with the shape, turn some heads. Why pay to lose some of that effect?

Sure the dude from Necrophagist has a flat black one, but then again, he's the frontman for a big metal band, so people are going to look at him anyway, regardless of what guitar he's playing and whether you like it or not, a bright coloured guitar really does make you stand out more than a black one.
Last edited by Bonsaischaap at Oct 15, 2007,
The Green one. The red is cool, but its not as "Whoaa"

PSN ID: ArranP
blue FTW!
My Gear :
LTD Fx400
Ibanez S470dxqm w/Tone Zone
Buz Mcgrath's S7320 w/ emg 707s
Boss Gt-8
EHX Metal Muff with top boost for sale!
Crate V32 palomino for sale !
I like the look of the red one. Maybe thats just because red is my favorite color.

But it really boils down to preference. We can't tell you what YOU think looks cool. That's your own decision to make.

I do think that the D-Activators should be kept. But maybe (yes, another maybe) I'm just tired of my own EMG 81/85 set.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Why do you need people to tell what color of guitar to buy? Its all preference. An example of this is I like black guitars. I had a black Jackson Kelly and it was a pretty badass looking guitar. Bonsaischaap is chap doesn't like black. And, just a thing to notice, I thought my black Washburn Dime and Kelly were harded to clean then my Crimson Swirl Jackson DK2T, but that may be because the DK2T has a rather glossy/thick clear coat.
Yeah... I dunno I might go for the blue/green eh. Black gets too dirty and red/green will make me feel like a christmas elf or something. My current amp is terrible (marshall mg10, please don't eat me) but I'm savin for a spider III or something. What amp would go well with this axe?
ALL HAIL THE WEREFETUS

I'd get a Jackson Warrior. Same shape, probably better quality.

But since your so concrete, red.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
well

BOOM

My Gear :
LTD Fx400
Ibanez S470dxqm w/Tone Zone
Buz Mcgrath's S7320 w/ emg 707s
Boss Gt-8
EHX Metal Muff with top boost for sale!
Crate V32 palomino for sale !
As for colour, I'm all for the bluey green one.

As for OFR swapping, I would think that it's a direct swap with the Edge III.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
Quote by CrunchyMonkey
Yeah... I dunno I might go for the blue/green eh. Black gets too dirty and red/green will make me feel like a christmas elf or something. My current amp is terrible (marshall mg10, please don't eat me) but I'm savin for a spider III or something. What amp would go well with this axe?

A Spider is hardly an upgrade from an MG. Besides the fact that different pickups make little to no difference in your sound with a modeling amp.

If you have around $600, get a used Peavey 5150 combo.

PinkEdit: Also, the Edge III is not an effortless swap to an OFR, it takes a very small amount of drilling.