so last term i had to write a 1000 essay for English which was based on a novel we were supposed to have read in our own time....which i didn't, then come essay time (it was an in class essay) i quickly read a few pages to get the jist of the storyline and character names and well, in a nutshell i just winged it and made it all up, even the quotes from the book. So i was pretty disappointed for not reading the book and trying to do well but then the teacher calls me over to talk to me in the middle of class one day and gives me a lecture on how it was one of the best things she'd read by a student in her 30 years of teaching etc(was a pretty epic lecture 10 mins +). So it turned out i got an A- because i had only written 600 words( she said that besides this it would've been A/A+) But still Im stoked because ...... well it seems that the old saying 'if you cant dazzle them with words, baffle them with bullsh!t' may actually work! Anyone else got any stories of acting/cheating/just-plain-lying their way to victory??
3 years ago. 20 pages of bullcrap. A+.
Quote by hippie_cune
Stukart, you're the most awesome human being I have ever met. I love you
My mates had free weekend tickets to Leeds festival for the past few years because he just rings up and asks them. He says he works for a fictional magazine and they just send the £100+ tickets right on out.
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
I got a degree after 3 years of writing essays without a single entry in bibliographies, since I wrote them entirely out of what I remembered from lectures.
True, it's a sh*t degree. But I really don't give a crap.
I once didn't study for a history test, and on the day of the test, I filled in the few answers I knew, randomly circled in the rest ('twas multiple choice), and got a C...since I was fully expecting to get an F, this was awesome.
Quote by Grimme
I know plenty believe me. I've seen both Avenged Sevenfold and Bullet For My Valentine live, so don't tell me I don't know my metal.

www.myspace.com/awkwardsilencemusic
I did film studies for A levels. for the final exam he had to talk about and compare two films. east is east and the lady killers. id watched east is east about 3 years before and iv never seen the lady killers. i just made it all up (couldnt be bothered with a levels anymore) and i got an A.
once in middle school or late grade school (cant remember) I had to write a 15 page story and I made the first page normal and the rest was REALLY big words like 4 words on a line haha it worked although I suck at writing I still got a d
Quote by SkyValley
Kids keep having sex younger and younger these days. Eventually kids will be born without their virginity and their first words will be "bow chicka bow wow."
we had about 4 weeks for an assignment which i had left until the last night

i got an Excellence (basically an A) for a History paper on Joseph Stalin, most of which was copied straight out of a text book and the only preventing it from plagerism was a few words injected in random places

in highschool i could usually pass (C+/B) with writing an essay remembering only 1 quote, the writer and 1 character
Last year English class. I pretty much bullshat my way through every essay and presentation and ended up getting A's on everything.
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
Essay on Iraq war, done 45 minutes before actual deadline.

Full marks. Keeping in mind, i did no research.
One of my friends bull****s his way into Bathurst every year. For those of you who aren't Australian, it's the biggest V8's race of the year.

Anyways he goes up to the gate, and says he forgot his tickets, they ask him to pull over to the side, and when they leave him for a little bit he just drives in.
I got a B in my English GCSE and I just made crap up.. didn't read any of the poems before I went in. I'm pretty good at that though.. Pshh. They sucked balls anyway. Glad I didn't waste time trying to work that **** out.
My name is Marc! Silly username.
Hell yeah, I am a BS master. For two years I had English classes with the same professor, we would be required to read books and write essays on them pretty much every single day. I think I ready maybe 30% of the actual material but the teacher said I was one of the best writers in her classes.

I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that when you BS something, you focus a lot more on semantics and having a good writing style, plus you lock on to a few key points and own them, and that's what teachers look for more than anything.
When you were born, you cried, and the world rejoiced. Live your life in such a manner that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Kabir
Quote by Rankles
My mates had free weekend tickets to Leeds festival for the past few years because he just rings up and asks them. He says he works for a fictional magazine and they just send the £100+ tickets right on out.

That actually works?!
I once BSed my way out of an arrest that could of resulted in at least a few months in jail.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
dude bullsh*t has gotten me through 21 years of life lmao, but i hate reading so just about every book report i had to do from grade school to college was all me just reading the first chapter of the book for character names and the last chapter for ending and then looking up reviews about the book online and BSing the entire essay and always got B's and A's on these papers even in college lol
XBLive Gamertag: ecdeluxe1000 send me friend requests (make sure u put UG in the message somewhere)
bull**** got me through 3 years of highschool french but now im ****ed in grade 11 cause i cant speak french and its a lot harder to bull****.
ooo man!! i wish i could do that. It took me like 8 hours to write a 5 pages paper about Peter Singer's "Rich and Poor". I have to give a speech about an event or thing that influenced my life...i dont have anything meaningfulto say.

I think it depends what it is. I ALSO need to write a 5 pages analysis on handel's 92nd symphony.

Everything due wed and tomorrow after school i'm going to alterbridge concert!
^ dude the trick is to kiss so much ass ur lips get chapped, usually you can tell how ur teachers might feel about certain situatuions just by how and what they say in class. for example my one highschool english teacher was a huge democrat and we had to write about a presidents impact on life today, so of course i picked a democrat president. also in ur case of a speech about something influential, if ur teacher is a woman talk about how the feminist movement has made you personally look at women a different way etc..., if ur teacher is an african american then do ur speech about the civil rights movement or something else related to african american history. hope it helps ya good luck man
XBLive Gamertag: ecdeluxe1000 send me friend requests (make sure u put UG in the message somewhere)
hahaha i guess im not an ass kisser. But yeah i do use the tactic of telling what i KNOW the teacher wants to hear. I guess i hate writing.

Thanks anyways.
Quote by Rankles

I'm so trying this.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by *Juno*
+1

Rankles, you dont know what you've done

Well as long as only a few us do it and to different festivals, no-one will be any the wiser.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
I got the best mark of everyone on my course in the mid-semesters for nanotech despite never having been to a lecture at that stage
Once I had to give a biology speech on a disease, and I chose malaria, but forgot to do it. So during the lesson, I took some of my very basic knowledge and a few facts from each other person who spoke about the same thing and noted them down. Come my turn, I got a higher mark than one of the people I'd noted facts from. Maybe I'm a better speaker?

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT