Well my last day of highschool is fast approaching and it is tradition to have one of the schools bands play on the day. However, it appears no one has organised anything and there are no "formed bands."

I'm considering approaching a few people who I know play instrruments to quickly get something together. (Anything is better than a CD player)

If all goes well we should have:
A good bassist
A reasonable rhythm guitarist
A fairly good lead guitarist
A mediocre drummer
and a fairly good (female) vocalist

Keeping this in mind and the fact we only have a week (at most) to get this together.
Can you suggest maybe 3-4 songs? Something simple and happy I guess.

Cheers

EDIT: Oh, and popular, well-known songs would be good aswell. Not my type of music, but it is your average highschool crowd
Quote by chillininfl
dude, you don't even deserve her. women deserve respect. not rights, but respect. =]
Quote by GiantRaven
Having absolutely no body hair streamlines you. Means you can play guitar faster

Last edited by iwishiwasafish at Oct 15, 2007,
Soulja boy.

Sorry.

Anyway, just play famous songs so you at least know everyone will like them. Stick with mainstream stuff like Crazy Train.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Green Dizzle, my friend.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
You school year is almost OVER?!?!?!?! lucky bastard

anyway, If your going to have a female singer you might want to try some Zeppelin since he has a high voice

also maybe Juke Box Hero-Forigner
My obligatory gear list

Guitars
Schecter C-1 Classic
Gibson SG Special
1987 Fender Strat
Epiphone PR-150

Amp and Effects
Peavey Valveking 112
Boss DD-6
Crybaby Wah-wah
Ibanez TS-9DX
Banshee 2 Talkbox

Crit plz! Wh ore of Gommorah
Quote by angus is god

Yup ^_^

One more week of classes, one week off, three weeks of exams and it's over. FOREVER!

Greenday sounds like a good deal. I will never play Good Riddance though

Hmmm, perhaps some Kisschasy or Plain White T's *ponders*
Quote by chillininfl
dude, you don't even deserve her. women deserve respect. not rights, but respect. =]
Quote by GiantRaven
Having absolutely no body hair streamlines you. Means you can play guitar faster

When i performed at my Year 11 formal, we played:

Rage Against The Machine: "Killing In The Name"
Evanescene: "Bring Me To Life"
Santana: "Smooth"

Went down well because they're popular and none are hard to learn
UG BLS Chapter.
SDMF#UG001
SDMF#UG002-faqu
SDMF#UG003-pantera-nat124
i would recommend slide - goo goo dolls, but i don;t know how a female vocalist will go with that
But there's no sense crying over every mistake, you just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Quote by angus is god

anyway, If your going to have a female singer you might want to try some Zeppelin since he has a high voice

also maybe Juke Box Hero-Forigner

School year in Australia is from January (last week) to December (Second Week)

But if you're in Years 11/12 the exam timetable rapidly shortens the year. Man, i remember back when i was in Year 12, finishing in October, and then spending 90% of my time boozing on with mates
UG BLS Chapter.
SDMF#UG001
SDMF#UG002-faqu
SDMF#UG003-pantera-nat124
i'd go with guerilla radio by rage, hot blooded by foreigner, highway to hell or back in black by AC/DC, or try something by def leppard, i'd go with photograph. BUTT for highschool kids play like something popier like maybe american idiot? or teenagers by My Chemical Romance? i don't know...JUST MAKE SURE THAT WHATEVER YOU PLAY, YOU PLAY IT GOOD!!!
Quote by imdeth
The only grinding i want to do is to Napalm Death.
Quote by the humanity
you get humanitarian of the day award.
Ocean Avenue by Yellowcard
Kryptonite by 3 Doors Down
All the Small Things by Blink 182
American Idiot... etc...

Yeah Do-Do's & Whoa-Oh's would be good
Quote by kriscornella2@g
I know i wish i was as cool as you and be into Sum 41 and Taking back Sunday. Gaylord.

Quote by civildp1
you should call one of the songs, "Respecting Old People" just to mix things up.

Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
You just made a very powerful enemy BenFoffenbock.
Teenage Dirtbag, come on, it has to be done.
Failing that just keep it simple. If your singer is quite good try something like Paramore or Blink 182 songs. Crowd pleasers really.
John Petrucci. Everyone will die instantly and you've got nothing to worry about.
Good luck because doing this at the last minute might spell an unorganized and sloppy show.
Guitar rig
Schecter C-1 Classic
Boss GT-8
Mesa 50/50 Power Amp

Synth Rig
M-Audio Oxygen 61
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro
Reason 4.0
FL Studio 8
Quote by Cynoxx
Good luck because doing this at the last minute might spell an unorganized and sloppy show.

Yeah, most of the "crowd" will still be drunk/hungover from the night before so they won't really care. Hey, we might be aswell.
It's just the fact that there's going to be no band at all at the moment and I don't want to be in the year level that breaks that tradition and it looks really bad to the other years aswell.

Hell, I think a group of fairly good musicians should be able to get 3 simple songs down within a week.
Quote by chillininfl
Quote by GiantRaven

Last Nite, Satisfaction, etc

Stuff like that

Could be weird with a female vocal, but good weird
Quote by filthandfury
I only do that on MSN, and I get many complaints about it.

F&F will have cyber sex with you on MSN. He's a bit handsy though.

I have become..... METACARPI!!!!

I wish

Joeymaxx
I Cum Blood - Cannibal Corpse

what?

I don't know, if you want simple I'd go with...Greenday?
Rage Against the Machine...
Blessed Hellride by Black Label Society?

a week doesn't sound like it could be enough time for this.

Quote by buckethead_jr
I guess I'll take the mandatory Cannibal Corpse post in these types of threads.

Cannibal Corpse - I Will Kill You

Dammit...you beat me to it...
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
Here's what I'm going to suggest to them tomorrow:

Long way to the top - AC/DC (Incredibly simple and allows some room for me to solo) :P
Jessies girl - Rick Springfield (Popular, well known and again, room to solo)
School's out - Alice Cooper (Mandatory, but not sure how it'll go with a female singer...)
All the small things - Blink (Again, not sure about the female vocals)

All simple stuff, all well known.
I'd love to hear some more suggestions.
Quote by chillininfl
Quote by GiantRaven

i'd say if you can get together a good vocalist
play some death metal
or better yet black metal
since it's your last year it'd be awsome people would be like moshing and the teachers would get all pissy it'd be a memorable preformance
Cancer.
Quote by jesus-squared
i'd say if you can get together a good vocalist
play some death metal
or better yet black metal
since it's your last year it'd be awsome people would be like moshing and the teachers would get all pissy it'd be a memorable preformance

Are you serious? Do you actually think Black or Death Metal would go down well at a high school leaving do?

All people are gonna want to hear is something they recognise. Try that Hey There Delilah song, that seems to be pretty popular, and I'm sure it's not that difficult. Other than that try something like Nirvana.

Yeah, it's not really stuff where you can go "OMGZZZZZZZ Checkzorz out mah l33t shredzor skills!!!!111!!!!eleven!!!!" but it's something people are gonna know, and may be able to sing along to
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.