Could someone please tell me the difference between a fat strat and a standard strat???
what exactly is a fat strat???
please help me i need to know today cause i'm buying one today...please help
A fat Strat has a humbucker in the bridge, whereas the standard has a single coil in the bridge.

Fat Strat- HSS
Standard-SSS
entirely up to you id go with standard but thats because im a purist and think all strats should be single coil only! Play them or think hard of what your wanting the strat to do
ur going to buy a guitar tomorrow and you dont know what it is...?
My Gear
Line 6 Variax 600
Epiphone G-310
Ibanez RG350EX
81' Ibanez Blazer Bass

Line 6 Spider III 75
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Fender ToneMaster Mini
Boss DD-2 Delay
Boss CE-2 Chorus

My Band
Band MySpace!
Band UG Profile
Quote by BFun
ur going to buy a guitar tomorrow and you dont know what it is...?

pretty much...cause i've been given this window to get a cheap guitar that i cant pass up on so its pretty much get a guitar without playing or dont get one at all.....so ill get one

thanks for the help
I highly suggest the fat strat over the regular. Not that I would ever recommend Fender, but if it must be a strat, go for the fat strat.
Gear:
Jackson Pro Series DK2 Dinky (Eerie Dess Swirl)
Ibanez XPT700 Xiphos (Chameleon Red) =D

Crate FXT65 amp with 3-way foot switch
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah Pedal

#1 points to the humbucker.
so when you select that pickup, you get a fuller toned pickup usually associated with heavier tones. compared to the single coils that quack and are generally used in classic rock.

this makes it a more versatile guitar. and great for someone not sure of the type of music they want to play.

so, what type of music do you think you want to play?
what amp will you be using?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
+1 we need to know ur music and amp..if its softer rock, classic rock, or blues i would reccomend a standard, but if you play anything heavier then get a fat strat...you could always change the bridge to a dimarzio or a duncan or something in the future if you wanted to get a heavier sound out of it
Quote by guitarbite.fire
+1 we need to know ur music and amp..if its softer rock, classic rock, or blues i would reccomend a standard, but if you play anything heavier then get a fat strat...you could always change the bridge to a dimarzio or a duncan or something in the future if you wanted to get a heavier sound out of it

Well, if he goes with a standard he could put in a Duncan Hot Rail later on. They surprised me when I played on a cruddy old little Squire that had one in the bridge. I considered putting one in my own Squire a while ago instead of buying my Viper, but thought better of it, since my parents were willing to buy me the better choice =).
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
ive got guitar's with HRs. ^ they have high output but dont give the same tone a full sized humbucker does.

if he's into hard rock/metal, then it's easier to start out with a humbucker guitar. (might not even be a fender at all)

trying to turn a classic rock guitar into something heavier, doesnt always work out.

that also goes for his guitar amp.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Just to clear things up (or make things more confusing ), the fat strat you're looking at *is* a Standard strat.

"Standard" denotes a series of guitars made in Mexico and are their entry level instruments.

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
I've got a Fat Strat. I played both and chose the FAt because of the versitality. It gives me great tones for Nirvana to te Beach Boys.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
huh..u guys know what i have??? a 7yr old squire -_-...is squire good?
1. it would depend on the model.
2. dont jump in on another guys thread.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

From the sounds of it, I would go for the fat strat. Purely because I wouldn't want to be restricted.