Poll: Should I start a blog?
Poll Options
View poll results: Should I start a blog?
Definitely!
1 6%
Yes
7 41%
Maybe
3 18%
No
1 6%
Definitely not! Get of my interweb!
5 29%
Voters: 17.
Does this sound like a good opening to a blog? I'm thinking of starting one, and this is what I came up with...

This is my blog. It's like an inversion of the work "Notes from a small island" by Bill Bryson. How is it an inversion? Well:

1. Bill Bryson was an American in Britain, I am a Briton in America
2. Bill Bryson wrote in the traditional and culturally valuable medium of the book, I am writing in the transient and culturally destitute medium of internet blogging
3. Bill Bryson has done all sorts of interesting stuff, I have done almost no interesting stuff. Whatever interesting stuff I’ve done is rendered irrelevant by (4)…
4. Bill Bryson is good at telling anecdotes; I am only good at murdering them. Even anecdotes with great potential for humour and entertainment are quickly and unceremoniously dispatched, either by my sodden prose (if in writing), or by my mumbling, meandering, incomprehensible style of speech (if in person)
5. Bill Bryson has a beard, I am clean shaven

Or, more concisely, and in latin:

Caveat lector

(that's not a very good use of the phrase, but my propensity for pretension is prioritized and predominates my desire for clear and precise English. Sort of like my fleeting flirtations with unnecessary alliteration)

Anyway, there you have it: an opening to this macabre charade. Having fulfilled my quota of self-deprecation for the financial year, I am now going to bed. Goodnight.
Quote by GlamSpam

I developed a thought experiment to explain why you can't remember anything before you were born:
1 - Yes, you should blog. That's why they're there.

2 - No, you shouldn't take a poll about it. Get off mah internetz!

/thread
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
1 - Yes, you should blog. That's why they're there.

2 - No, you shouldn't take a poll about it. Get off mah internetz!

/thread

Well, the point of the poll is really just that I'm not sure whether I want people I actually know in real life to read this.
Quote by GlamSpam

I developed a thought experiment to explain why you can't remember anything before you were born:
You know your life is sad when you need to ask an internet community if you should post something onto the internet.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Quote by Dinkydaisy
You know your life is sad when you need to ask an internet community if you should post something onto the internet.

yes, yes, yes... that's all very well, but you haven't answered my question.
Quote by GlamSpam

Well you posted it here so you may as well post it in your blog. It is yours to do whatever the hell you want with it.
Quote by Dinkydaisy
Quote by Rhitard
Well you posted it here so you may as well post it in your blog. It is yours to do whatever the hell you want with it.

You should listen to these wimmenz. They make some of the best blogs on UG.

Better yet, read their blogs and see how they do it.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Gosh man. Why do you want to present someone on the interwebz thats completely different to you in reality? Just assuming because you dont want people you know to read it.
I enjoyed reading the blog, you remind me of V from V for Vendetta cept not as cool and
explosiony.
Blogs away...
Oh dear god, I dont feel alive.
I have a new blog, of the interesting type.

In so far i have seen,

1. The Darkness
2. Wolfmother
3. The Grates
4. Faker
5. Kings of Leon
6. Coheed and Cambria
7. Architecture in Helsinki

and counting.
I never thought of it like that. But I am not a big fan of blogs to begin with so if getting rid of all blogs meant losing maddox, well...that's a loss I'm willing to take.
Quote by campbell92
Here that kids, ants love cum.

Quote by Jaymz2K
I was about to suggest this. Listen to this man, he is wise and all-knowing.