I'm at uni so I want to save desk space and I can't be bothered to lug a tv down here so I thought I'd use my PC monitor for a screen.
So what's the best/easiest adapter to use for the job. My monitor has a DVI input which I use for my computer, and a VGA input which is spare so;
do they make scart --> VGA adapters?
Or maybe just the yellow RCA plug -> VGA?
probably rca plug to vga will be easier to get hold of
pringa

Are you taking over? Or are you taking orders?
Are you going backwards? Or are you going forwards?

VGA and RCA/scart/tv signals aren't usually compatible, since the RCA plug only has 2 poles, while a regular DIN15 vga plug has 15 plugs, which are R,G,B,vsync,hsync,ground etc.

I've never seen an rca/vga converter (vga->rca is quite common though, but that would be the wrong way for you), but I ready to be proven wrong

My bet would be that you'd have to have an RCA compatible TV-card (with rca input).
Electrics:ˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑAmps:
Jackson DKMGFFˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑRandall RG100SC G2
Washburn DIME 333ˑˑˑˑˑˑˑRandall RH200X / RA412 2x Half-Stacks
ESP LTD EC-1000 STCB
Dean From Hell CFH
Last edited by SinnaSatan at Oct 15, 2007,
^ i think you can find them (convertors), ebay might be a good place to look
pringa

i've been trying to find a good way to do this too

my friend uses an internal tv card, and u open up a software to show up the ps2 screen in your monitor. doesnt look too good in full screen because of the resolution tho.

another is maybe buy a tv box so you don't have to turn on your computer everytime you play

these are just suggestions i got from other people when i asked around : |
Quote by Gaz_m2k5
Nope, that is VGA -> RCA, which is not a problem usually, because the RCA signal is less complex than the VGA, so a "downgrade" is not a problem. It's the other way around that may present problems.
Electrics:ˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑAmps:
Jackson DKMGFFˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑRandall RG100SC G2
Washburn DIME 333ˑˑˑˑˑˑˑRandall RH200X / RA412 2x Half-Stacks
ESP LTD EC-1000 STCB
Dean From Hell CFH
Quote by SinnaSatan
Nope, that is VGA -> RCA, which is not a problem usually, because the RCA signal is less complex than the VGA, so a "downgrade" is not a problem. It's the other way around that may present problems.

That's what I was afraid of.
Quote by Gaz_m2k5

im not sure, i think thats designed for the other way (like computer to tv type signal).

it might be possible that it works the other way around
pringa

You should be able to do it, but you're going to need a device which can up convert the signal from your PS2 into the monitor. It probably won't look too amazing, because of the high resolution of the monitor in comparison to your PS2's output resolution. You will probably have better luck, and better picture getting a component cable and than converting that to VGA.
just searching on google, i think something called an 'xga box' would work for you
pringa