Say there was a 6-channel amp each channel sounding a single string. I can imagine what wonderful sounds you could have, heck you could play a 7th or a Dim chord at full distortion with the clarity of the Clean mode and the colour of the distortion all free of the intermediate distortion between the strings!
What I'm trying to say is why not distort/overdrive each channel (alas each string) seperately and thus come up with a noise-free distortion/overdrive meening endless playing choises and a whole new approach on playing in distortion. So the guitar signal would actually be a multiple sixplet signal (each magnet/couple of magnets scan a single tring) and the amp would treat it as it is taking 6 guitars simultanously. I bet this can be done technically and I wonder why aren't there any such guitars/amps in the market and if there are let me know. Just think about the implications this would have on rock guitar.
The Gibson HD Les-Paul or whatever its called does that through an RJ45 cable.
Emo is to music as etch-a-sketch is to art.

Quote by TMVolta19
Music can't really be judged, since it's all on the same level. Unless it's screamo. then it sucks.
Yeah, but youd need a seperate pickup for each string, Maybe you could mess with Midi Pickups to get a similar effect.

itd be almost impossible to create a seperate pickup for each string as each pickup would have to be wound to its right ammount of coils, (5k, 7k, 12k winds of coil), in order to achieve a seperate signal for each string, and then they would probably interfere with each other due to being so close.

Maybe investigate the Midi option?

Edit:
Keep in mind you will still get noise from the distortion, so instead of one pickup creating noise youll have 6.

im just throwing ideas out here, if anyone disagree please say so =P
I Love Oreos, And im English =D
Last edited by Conica at Oct 15, 2007,
Maybe you're right, digital is the solution in that case. Having those along with a sustainiac and maybe an active circuit would be a killer combination.
Now give me a high-end 30+watt Mesa,Peavey,Marshall valve amp and you can have my girlfriend
^im working on the lottery twice as hard now. is taht a promise?
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
Someone used to make a pickup called a "Hex" that does what you are describing. Not sure and don't know if its still around.
Quote by frets_of_silk
Say there was a 6-channel amp each channel sounding a single string. I can imagine what wonderful sounds you could have, heck you could play a 7th or a Dim chord at full distortion with the clarity of the Clean mode and the colour of the distortion all free of the intermediate distortion between the strings!
What I'm trying to say is why not distort/overdrive each channel (alas each string) seperately and thus come up with a noise-free distortion/overdrive meening endless playing choises and a whole new approach on playing in distortion. So the guitar signal would actually be a multiple sixplet signal (each magnet/couple of magnets scan a single tring) and the amp would treat it as it is taking 6 guitars simultanously. I bet this can be done technically and I wonder why aren't there any such guitars/amps in the market and if there are let me know. Just think about the implications this would have on rock guitar.

Hmmm. I wonder what that'd be like..

http://www.vintagekramer.com/ripley.htm
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com