Hello, I've heard that this song When I come around is very simpel and i found this great lesson and i wonder, how do i tune down the guitar 2 1/2 or what does he says at 0:24 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIwj_twx5cI&mode=related&search=green%20day%20when%20i%20come%20around%20guitar%20lesson%20video
So anyway i got this KORG, okay tuner, nothing fancy or so, it works just fine. So there is like you can set if you use GUITAR/BASS and i use a Guitar, and after that the is somthing called FLAT witch brings up small b every time i click on "FLAT" and then sound but that dosent have anything to do with this. So anyway how do i do. I'm sorry but I'm not that good yet

Thanks!
dude, he says to tune it down a half step
two and half steps down is like lower than slipknot tunings

tuning down a half step means that instead of tuning the trings to EADGBE tune them to E flat A flat D flat and so on
He came, He played guitar, he kicked some ass Dimebag Darrell 1966 to 2004
If you mean tuning down a half step (and if it's the Green Day song When I Come Around, that is what you mean), push the flat button until there's one b sign on the screen, then tune normally.

I can't watch the video just now, so I'm just going by what you're saying.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=437340 This thread may help you too.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
b = half step
bb = One step
bbb= one and a half step
etc..

Tune every string a half step down.
Quote by JeanMi36
Back when I was a teen, I was making out with this girl, when I had the bright idea of putting my hand inside her panties.

She had her period.

I'm scarred for life
Standard guitar tuning is EADGBE. When "tuning down" it means that you will now tune to different notes. A "half step" down is like adding a lower note to your strings, but taking away a high note, so your tuning will now be Eb, G#, C#, F#, Bb, Eb. The "b" means flat, and the "#" means sharp. You should take a lookat a fretboard map, but I'll give you an E String example:

Standard E tuning:

0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 = the frets (there are 12 notes 'til the "octave"

E F F# G G# A B C C# D Eb E

I believe the Green Day example you asked about is tuning to "Eb", so here that is

0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12 (again, the frets on the "E" string)

Eb, E, F, F#. G, G#, A, Bb, B, C, C#, D, Eb (the 12 notes on the E string in Eb tuning)
Theres a few lessons in the lessons section of the site that may be able to help you.

You may want to check the thread frenchy posted.
Been away, am back