I just bought the new Line 6 Spider valve. I spent 2 days at guitar center trying out every amp under $2000. I am so impressed with this bad boy. This amp is going to get some great reviews. I'll keep you updated.
Congrats, you are the first I meet who likes it, I expect clips.
all the world's indeed a stage and we are merely players
congrats, I haven't seen any reviews or heard any clips from the 2x12 yet, only the 1x12. That would be killer if you could make some.

what kind of music do you play primarily btw?
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Yeah definitely post some clips, I'm interested just for the sole fact that it's a Line 6 valve.
Emo is to music as etch-a-sketch is to art.

Quote by TMVolta19
Music can't really be judged, since it's all on the same level. Unless it's screamo. then it sucks.
awww with 2000 dollars u probably wouldn't have had to take the risk of buying the new spider valve, cuz some ppl on here who've played really...hate it..lol 2000 dollars is quite a big budget but anyway post clips!
Half Man, Half Bearpig! I am Super Sereal!

Quote by jravolta
Every time the Jonas Brothers play, an innocent in Darfur is killed.

lol diversity in UGers:

Quote by i have to pee
I am not 12, but my sack is still hairless.

Quote by magnum1117
my balls are hairy as chewbacca's...
Well, it still has the spider name on it.
Maybe to market it better, Line 6 should of made a whole new model name for the spider valves.
Maybe like The Line 6 TechnoTube, or something like that.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Post clips- we want to hear it after so much speculation
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Whoa, big budget
How much was the amp itself?
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr
Quote by darkarbiter7
Well, it still has the spider name on it.
Maybe to market it better, Line 6 should of made a whole new model name for the spider valves.
Maybe like The Line 6 TechnoTube, or something like that.

That would have been a much smarter move, and we wouldn't have all that people going on about how horrible it is, and how spiders suck so bad, without even having seen the amp at a distance...
all the world's indeed a stage and we are merely players
I want to try one out...

I was talking to my friend Geoff, who says he's tried it out, and reckons that it's pretty shit. lolz.
clips or it didn't happen.

i'd like to hear this amp, because i know for a fact that no store by me is ever gonna have them. they only stock cheap amps around here...
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Ok now I'm depressed. Thought I had something good. But I think I'm hearing what you're saying. I am having problems getting good quality distortion. Maybe I was thrown off at guitar center playing because of the 30 other people playing at the same time. I have 30 days to return. What should I do. Help please!!!!!!
Quote by jsturner
Ok now I'm depressed. Thought I had something good. But I think I'm hearing what you're saying. I am having problems getting good quality distortion. Maybe I was thrown off at guitar center playing because of the 30 other people playing at the same time. I have 30 days to return. What should I do. Help please!!!!!!

if its just what people say on here, then dont let them persuade you, use your ears.
but yeh return it if you dont like it
If you have a $2000 budget, you can get a much nicer amp. I tried the Spider Valve the other day (only for about 15 minutes, unfortunately), and it's about a billion times better than the all-digital Spider (one of which I used to own). But you could still hear the digital-ness. Neither the distortion or the cleans even come close to my Sunn, which is all-tube.

It was $750 for the 40-watt 1x12, which I think is a rip-off, if you only play a few genres. If you play everything from jazz to death metal, it might be a good choice (I can't compare it to the Flextones and the Vettas though, I've never tried either).
you could have gotten, a Peavey 6505 2X12 Combo, Blues Junior Valve amp, and a nice guitar for that much you got jipped in my opinion,if you know what your doing you can make almost anything sound good, takes time to learn how each different amp works but it can do it, but nothing fantastic I would say, but hey newer stuff always is expensive when it first comes out but I think you should take it back, and get 2 good amps and a good guitar for the same money
Quote by which ones pink
If you have a $2000 budget, you can get a much nicer amp. I tried the Spider Valve the other day (only for about 15 minutes, unfortunately), and it's about a billion times better than the all-digital Spider (one of which I used to own). But you could still hear the digital-ness. Neither the distortion or the cleans even come close to my Sunn, which is all-tube.

It was $750 for the 40-watt 1x12, which I think is a rip-off, if you only play a few genres. If you play everything from jazz to death metal, it might be a good choice (I can't compare it to the Flextones and the Vettas though, I've never tried either).

Hell yeah, Sunn amps own!

Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
you mean to tell me out of every amp under 2000 you pick a spider? LMFAO!!!!. wow im seriously amazed.... not a fender or marshall or peavey, but a spider.. this is a first i must say. god help you
I owned a Sunn Beta Lead (one of the first solid state amps Sunn made) in the early or mid 70's. Awesome amp - mine was the 2/12 combo and it just RAWKED. I traded a Fender Twin for it when they first appeard at the local music store then (my main gigging amp was a RED 1970 Marshall 100-watt Super Lead with a Fender 2-15 bottom so the Fender wasn't getting used much). The BETA LEAD advertised " THE ALL NEW CMOS" technology. We were all trying to switch to SS then as it was "more dependable" and awesome effects the old tubers didn't seem to have. I gigged with the BETA LEAD 2 or 3 times but went back to my Super Lead... The Marshall had something the Sunn never did - TUBE DISTORTION TO DIE FOR and the knob we called "Presence"

I was going to get a SUNN MODEL T but never did - they Rawked too!

Old Marshalls have a sound "all their own" and once you crank em up you'll swear you saw (and heard) God.
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
Last edited by strangedogs at Oct 16, 2007,
Yeah I used to own an old Concert Lead head (was my dad's) and a sceptre. Really nice sounding amps, great cleans and awesome OD. They sure don't make em like they used to.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com