My band are looking for a good cover to play which originally wasnt a rockmetal/heavy song..eg land of confusion by disturbed (although i dont like them its a good cover)
Last edited by zzany1 at Oct 15, 2007,
Smells Like a Teen Spirit by Nirvana. Your band should be able to learn the entire song in under 20 minutes because it is so simple. And everyone knows the song and people want to hear stuff that they are familiar with.
Quote by ruler505
Smells Like a Teen Spirit by Nirvana. Your band should be able to learn the entire song in under 20 minutes because it is so simple. And everyone knows the song and people want to hear stuff that they are familiar with.

i knew someone would say that. you need to read the original post again
Quote by PastaOfMuppets
Take a rap song or a pop classic and heavy it up.

well done that was the thread topic...now what i was after was an answer
my former band did alot of covers and metaled them up, alot of def leppard songs could use a lil more distortion and heavyness, how bout peter gabriel - solsbury hill its completely acoustic but has awesome lyrics good for metal, we did a metal cover of sarah machlachlan - building a mystery, i might be able to see a few dashboard confessional songs turned into metal, dude love shack by B-52's come on excellence would only happen, some billy joel songs would be good, maybe some songs by creedence clearwater revival, u could metal up some elton john, although this goes against everything in music you could do johnny cash songs, maybe some savage garden songs, tom petty would be good with some metal behind it, hope all this helps good luck to ya
XBLive Gamertag: ecdeluxe1000 send me friend requests (make sure u put UG in the message somewhere)
Step 1.)Take any McFly or Busted song.
2.)Turn the distortion to 11
3.)Tune the guitar down a few steps
4.)Palm mute everything
5.)Death metal vocals
Hey presto!
I Wanna Be Sedated by The Ramones,maybe?

You Give Love a Bad Name by Bon Jovi?

Well,Hair Metal (yep,I love it) songs are usually popular,cool and not very hard to play!And some punk too...

If you want something Disturbed-ish,sorry I can't help you!
Quote by imdeth

I'm funny

BLUES
Annie Lennox - Walking on Broken Glass
Bee Gees - Staying Alive
Bonnie Tyler - Total Eclipse of the Heart
Carl Thomas - Kung Fu Fighting
Devo - Whip It
Fine Young Cannibals - She Drives Me Crazy
Norman Greenbaum - Spirit in the Sky
nina simones "feeling good"

ive wanted to do that for a long time
Quote by darkstar2466

I love you.

Quote by rabidguitarist

Can I be your adopted parent? I'd love you like a real son.

"Arguing over the internet is like the special olympics. No matter who wins, your both still retards." - A man of many muffins
he means stuff that wasnt originally rock, for the people who dont get that.. like mansons cover of sweet dreams or COB's cover of oops i did it again.

id say take some 80s song and make it rock, like wang chungs everybody have fun tonight would be sick if transposed to metal.