Can I connect the external speaker socket on my amp directly into a mixing desk? I've just got a Peavey Valveking 112, and I want to record with it without going to the trouble of miking it up. I've done this before with my Roland Cube 30, but that actually has a headphone socket/recording out. I don't want to break my amplifier... but I do want to record.

Your quick replies would be appreciated. Thanks
no, you'll fry the mixer, and probably your output transformer. It's a tube amp with an OT, it needs a specific impedance load, or you will cook it. A mixer is not meant to take an amplified signal from a poweramp either, it will cook.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids