Hey,guys!I'm planning to buy a new amplifier,could you guys give me any suggestion on which one to buy.my budget is about $200 canadian!!thanx!
what music do you play?
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
man, For that you can't get too much, To me, best sounding amp in that price Range is a Peavey Envoy, it's a 110, it can get somewhat loud, and it has A LOT of gain for such a small amp, Not to mention the tube simulation is nice.
If you increase your budget to about $250 - 275 or so including taxes (maybe less), you should be able to get a good 5Watt tube amp like the Fender Champ, Peavey Valveking Royal 8 (I own it and it's great), Epiphone Valve Junior or Crate Palomino V8. They're all great amps to practice with. Check them out on musiciansfriend.com

I live in Canada too, and at $250 or more you can get a nice tube amp that should be perfect for practicing and will serve you well for many years. You'd probably need an overdrive pedal for hard rock, but IMO it's worth it, and will probably sound better than a solid state amp.
Tnx guys!What I bought was Roland cube-15 it was about $250 and they got it on sale for $150 so i bought it right away.it sounds a lot better than my old one,tnx.
just so you know in case you were wanting a slightly bigger amp in the future- the cube 30 and 60 are a LOT better than the 15 because they have the modelling that makes them sound so good
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia