View poll results: Is totalitarianism a good idea
Yes, it is.
21 36%
Yes, it is.
38 64%
Voters: 59.
Page 1 of 2
What the fuck? I was gonna vote no!
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
/thread plz
hendrix was overrated and grohl is better in food fighters than in nirvana
I'm having a dillema between the first and second answers..
Can anyone give good reasoning to each, so I'd see whats better?
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
I don't even know what [very long word] is
El-Danny

Quote by americnidiot
You keep seeing songs like KoC, SMBH, and Hysteria showing up on games, but I want Micro Cuts on either Rock Band or Sing Star. I want to see numerous masses of kids staring at the tv wondering what the hell they're supposed to do.
I found this incedibly funny for the fact that I actually expected there to be a 'no' answer.
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
Ah, I was expecting this to be the type of thread where the threadstarter misspells the topic of the thread and all that jazz, but I suppose this delivers.
Quote by eldanny
I don't even know what [very long word] is

It's where the government has total control over everything in the country (hence TOTALitarianism). Dictatorship is another word for it.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
It depends, if you have an absolutely excellent leader then it is the best form of government around. However, power corrupts, and the risk of having another Hitler is too great, so Democracy is the best we can do, it typically ensures average leadership consistently, while Totalitarianism is a government of extremes.
Quote by yawn
but I guess you know better than that.

Let Google take credit for that.
Yes, it is.

Wait a second...
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
Quote by _Mayday_
Well, as I said, it's totally up to you.

For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
If you are the totalitarian, then yes. Not so much for everyone else.
Quote by Altered_Carbon
That's some bony hipster sex, which may be the best kind.
Quote by yawn
Ah, I was expecting this to be the type of thread where the threadstarter misspells the topic of the thread and all that jazz, but I suppose this delivers.

Dude, totalitarianism is hardly a difficult word to spell, it's pretty much exactly as it's pronounced.
Co-President of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

I've printscreened that poll. I want to use it as the title page for the book I've decided that I'm writing. Because I'm nice I'm asking permission. Can I?

Damn the totalitarianness of this thread making it completely liable for you to say no.
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
Quote by JamieB
Dude, totalitarianism is hardly a difficult word to spell, it's pretty much exactly as it's pronounced.
That doesn't stop threadstarters from misspelling words like bumblebee.
Quote by DigUpHerBones
I've printscreened that poll. I want to use it as the title page for the book I've decided that I'm writing. Because I'm nice I'm asking permission. Can I?

Damn the totalitarianness of this thread making it completely liable for you to say no.

Yes, but you must cut your hair.

....if you want, remember; it's totally up to you.
Quote by yawn
That doesn't stop threadstarters from misspelling words like bumblebee.

True.

Though I'm sure it must have been a typing error .
Co-President of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Quote by _Mayday_
Yes, but you must cut your hair.

....if you want, remember; it's totally up to you.

Answering this is made slightly more odd by the fact that I am going to cut my hair soon.
Quote by DigUpHerBones
Answering this is made slightly more odd by the fact that I am going to cut my hair soon.

Then all is well.

Anyways, if the polls allowed me to only have one option, this thread would be 10x better.
Quote by _Mayday_
Then all is well.

Anyways, if the polls allowed me to only have one option, this thread would be 10x better.

DAMN those polls and their 'wanting to be polls'!

Quote by _Mayday_
Then all is well.

Aye, I'm crap at editing pictures though. If anyone else can do it! I'd be grateful .
Originally Posted by DigUpHerBones

Aye, I'm crap at editing pictures though. If anyone else can do it! I'd be grateful .

?

EDIT: somone should make a demotivational picture out of that
Originally Posted by filthandfury

haha

I congratulate you good sir on being EPIC.
Last edited by frusciante_man1 at Oct 15, 2007,
Quote by break-me-in
It's where the government has total control over everything in the country (hence TOTALitarianism). Dictatorship is another word for it.

Wrong, dictatorship is totalitarianism, but it doesn't mean that totalitarianism always is dictatorship
Quote by WtrPlyr
Wrong, dictatorship is totalitarianism, but it doesn't mean that totalitarianism always is dictatorship

I was going for a simple explanation. I don't want an in-depth analysis of all the possible meanings of dictatorships and totalitarianism. The two are a pretty good fit, yeah?

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT

Bring back my two old buddies, great idea!
''Technological advancements are like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.'' - Albert Einstein
Quote by yawn

Isn't May_Day one of those seldom seen pit goers that actually has half a brain, a decent size penis and a sense of humour? Of course it delivers.

As for my opinion. No. It's terrible. I hope it never happens in a country I live in

Yes, but only if I'm in charge.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Quote by confusius
Isn't May_Day one of those seldom seen pit goers that actually has half a brain, a decent size penis and a sense of humour? Of course it delivers.

As for my opinion. No. It's terrible. I hope it never happens in a country I live in
It's "_Mayday_" dammit.
Page 1 of 2