Mkay, all booze related discussion goes here.

Beer
Liquor
Liqueur
Wine
Mead
Cider
Cordial
Brewing
Distillation
Being drunk that one night
Being drunk tonight
Drunk posting
Enjoying the odd pint or shot or snifter.
Pub and Bar stories

There's about one or two new booze threads a day round these parts it seemse. Just like there were tons of drug threads, there is now only one.

*NOTE*
Ultimate-guitar.com does not advocate nor condone underage drinking, drunk driving, alcohol abuse, binge drinking, nor celebrated alcoholism. This thread will not be stickied no matter how much you plead. Let's keep this thread enjoyable, as difficult a concept as that might seem in the Pit.

Right now I'm enjoying a semi-cooled Smithwicks by guinness. It's delicious.
Last edited by skeptopotamus at Oct 15, 2007,
I'll be all out and exciting. Favourite cocktail = White Russian, favourite beer = Tyskie.
I have some Carlsberg Export somewhere in my bedroom...

*Shudders*

I don't really like it, it was the only thing I could find that was fairly decent in the dodgy off licence.
Carlsberg Special Brew FTW :p
Quote by darkstar2466

I love you.

Quote by rabidguitarist

Can I be your adopted parent? I'd love you like a real son.

"Arguing over the internet is like the special olympics. No matter who wins, your both still retards." - A man of many muffins
your not going to stop drunk people from posting about there drunken expierances else were because there drunk.
In pure excess, alcohol is destructive, but it can be pure joy when enjoyed with moderation.
Quote by skeptopotamus
In pure excess, alcohol is destructive, but it can be pure joy when enjoyed with moderation.

i just got totally toasted
Quote by Oasis-fanatic
Carlsberg Special Brew FTW :p

I was going to try that, but I couldn't be bothered.

What's it like?
Quote by agreth_3rd
guinness is my favourite beer by far.

other favourites:
theakston's best
murphy's
waggledance
caffrey's
kilkenny
barnsley bitter
asahi super dry
kirin ichiban/tanrei

If you're a fan of dark beer, try some Samuel Smith. I reccomend the Imperial Stout or the Oatmeal Stout.
Quote by skeptopotamus
If you're a fan of dark beer, try some Samuel Smith. I reccomend the Imperial Stout or the Oatmeal Stout.

awesome, thanks. i've only been drinking ale since i moved to england for uni (yorkshire). it's what i'll miss most when i go back to australia haha.
TS, I ask one question. Where the fuck is the cider? You're forgetting a crucial part in the booze development. It is the definitive British drink which is under 10%. In my opinion it is far better than beer, and, mainly, it is from precisely where I live.

Somerset Cider FTW! Irish cider..........................boo, hiss, gay.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Last edited by freddaahh at Oct 15, 2007,
Quote by freddaahh
TS, I ask one question. Where the fuck is the cider?

Typical 14-yr old question
Quote by Retro Rocker
Typical 14-yr old question

It is I know, but it's a valid question.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by freddaahh
It is I know, but it's a valid question.

I know, I'm just joshing.
IMHO, cider is fucking awful. It turns my piss pure yellow and blocks me from getting aroused >.> And it tastes like ass.
Cider is a fermented apple (sometimes pear) beverage.

For good ciders, try Hornsby's.

Cider is delicious.
Quote by Dobzilla
I was going to try that, but I couldn't be bothered.

What's it like?

strong heavy and thick IMO
Quote by darkstar2466

I love you.

Quote by rabidguitarist

"Arguing over the internet is like the special olympics. No matter who wins, your both still retards." - A man of many muffins
Vegetarians and vegans should avoid Carlsberg (and lots of others) for they use Isinglass filtration

Isinglass is made of finings procured from a fish's swim bladder.
Quote by skeptopotamus
Vegetarians and vegans should avoid Carlsberg (and lots of others) for they use Isinglass filtration

Like a lot of beers used to be?

Mmmmm.
Quote by skeptopotamus

most vegetarians i know eat fish
Quote by darkstar2466

I love you.

Quote by rabidguitarist

vegetarians who eat fish are called pescetarians.

Most beers these days have phased out the use of isinglass, though not all have for the sake of tradition. Cask ale is the epitome of traditional ale.