Im REALLY curious about this amp, my local guitar shop has the windsor head, but no combo yet. And the nearest GC is an hour away and i dont know if they have those. So has anybody here got a chance to test one out?
i don't think they're out yet- the release date keeps getting pushed back...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
GAK.co.uk apparently has them. Last i heard they were out the 3rd of December though so.... god knows really.

PSN ID: ArranP
Evidently.

I was originally looking to buy one when they were supposed to come out. I was told Q2 2007. Late may/june.

|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile
like $500
|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile
some sites had em on pre-order for 400
I think sweetwater was one
Guitar
Ernie Ball Music Man Silhouette Special
Washburn WI64
Martin D-15
Amps
1960s Harmony
Rocktron/Egnater TOL 50 2x12
Rivera Chubster 55
FX
Fulltone OCD v.1
Keeley TS808
Voodoo Labs Superfuzz
Wilson WH10
Boss DD-20
Yeah, I think it was also in the Sweetwater catalog...^
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Quote by uldhppi
Don't ever trust Peavey's release dates.

yeah that's what I'm starting to realise... I seem to remember the valveking and windsor took an age to be released too... though perhaps not as long as this one.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Two theories :

1.) If they were as good as the hype would have you believe, Peavey would've been eager to push the amp out as soon as possible to ride the wave of buzz going around gear circles. So we can guess they had fundemental problems with the amp ; these may not have been resolved.

2.) They're holding it back till Chrismas in the vain hope parents will buy their amp rather than the X-Box 360 Power Extreme Super Gold Uber Classic Edition.
The head and cab were fantastic, I can tell you that much. I can't wait to go pick it up on Thursday.
no idea. the head is great for that, but the $65,000 question is, will the combo be good for that? from what i hear, it's more vintage-voiced... but it remains to be seen how much more.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i read somewhere that the combo was designed specifically for the 80's metal scene... but that could be talk... it was on another forum so...
heavy support of A7X army pm Copius
Quote by spl3001
I think we can all really agree that nothing is more metal than playing a Telecaster....On fire.

Quote by GiantRaven
The rest of the album is brilliant but that one song just really gets right on my tits for some reason
Quote by SchecterFreak
i read somewhere that the combo was designed specifically for the 80's metal scene... but that could be talk... it was on another forum so...

that would be awsome.

The Gearwire video made it out to be very bluesy, but theres no way of finding out the settings on the amp so for all we know it could of had the Gain on 12 or on 1 to get that sound..

PSN ID: ArranP
^ yeah. i mean, i emailed peavey and the gist was it was a more vintage sound than the head (which is definitely aimed at 80's rock and metal), but obviously there's no way to know how much more vintage.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?