Hello,

I love Telecasters, SG's and alot of the modern Ibanez guitars. I have roughly £300 to spend. I know there is nothing like trying guitars out, but there are so many to consider (Especially the mind blowing selection of Ibanez guitars), I don't know where to start!

I am currently looking at the low end Fender Telecasters and Epiphone SGs.

Then there are other makes such as ESP, which have good reviews.

Please help me narrow down what guitars I should be looking for at this price, based on: I do not play heavy metal.

Thank you!
Fender standard Tele gives a good, punchy and bright tone. They're surprisingly versatile. They do it all, except maybe traditional jazz. They're too bright for that.

Epiphone SG's are anchored in the rock territory. Of course, they can reach out, but they excell at bluesy rock tones. They sound warmer and rounder than the tele, with a bit more "bark".
I'd recommend the SG, but make sure you allocate a good chunk of that money on a nice amp.
Quote by pwrmax
I'd recommend the SG, but make sure you allocate a good chunk of that money on a nice amp.

I have about £150 seperate to spend on either a Roland or an Orange amp
I'd save up a few more quid and then wait to get a slightly higher quality Strat or Tele. Better value in the long run. But if that's not an option, try seeing if you can get any Mexican Fenders for that price, or maybe a second hand one.
dude. i have a fender telecaster. it is god. its so nice to play with a soft sound. i do play metal sometimes lol so it looks kinda out of place but i really like it.
good luck with the decision man lemme know what u decide
Quote by sashki
Fender standard Tele gives a good, punchy and bright tone. They're surprisingly versatile. They do it all, except maybe traditional jazz. They're too bright for that.

Epiphone SG's are anchored in the rock territory. Of course, they can reach out, but they excell at bluesy rock tones. They sound warmer and rounder than the tele, with a bit more "bark".

they even master that like a champion, you just need some thicker strings.