How long does it take for a band to normally get a set nailed and perfercted for an opening set at a gig?
My Gear:
ESP LTD EC-1000 SW
ESP LTD EC 500 STBC
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Dean Razorback Two Tone
Ibanez 7 string
Randall RH150G3 Head and Cab
like a sound check? or how long of them being a band?
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
every band is different and depends how experienced everyone is and well everyone plays with each other.
If you're asking, chances are you aren't. Go for it when you feel confident.
it varies with the level of the players
theres no doubt that the more you practice the better you'll sound
but some bands can become tight quite quickly
its just a case of practicing to the point it sounds good to you and the rest of your band
then going out gigging, or even just asking your friends to come to a practice, then asking people about any way you can improve
Quote by Nemesis260
police is logical. or do your duty and rape him back

GEAR:
Laney BH150
Marshall B150
Line6 Spider II 15
BOSS HM-2 Heavy Metal (80's!)
Epi SG Special
Peavey Milestone III
my old band had 2 hours of practice before our first gig

....wouldn't recommend it
Quote by Kensai

It's the pit; nelson mandela could make a thread urging everyone to do an effort towards reducing apartheid politics in some countries and everyone would post a photoshop of him with a melon hat.
I find it depends.

Alot of bands start out by creating songs together, that in my opinion takes awhile.

Before i started my band, i'd already recorded 3 demo's and had about 6 songs, the guy i brought into the band had a good handful of songs that fitted aswell. Stuff like that makes a difference in terms of getting things tight.

It generally goes on how much you do your homework, how you click with the other members and how you do things.
Well with my current band, it took us about three and a half weeks. But that was only because the band I was with at the time was booked to do a show and all of a sudden the other two guys said they couldn't do it so I had to find a whole new band. :P It really just depends on how much you practice, and how well you click musically with the other guys.