I have a marshal mg 30 dfx (terrible as we all know) and its time i got a new amp!

i was wondering what amp would best suit a dean razorback with emgs for metal but has fairly good cleans ( ive tried a peavey 5150, metal - awesome but cleans not what im after)

price range is anything up to £500 ish (about $800).
if the amp is a head then the cabinet must be included in the price ( really cant go over that budget by much)

REALLY appreciate help
Ibanez iceman ICT-700 white
Schecter C1 Classic (Amber)
Schecter C1 Classic (tobacco burst)

Laney VH100R head
Laney VC50 combo
Laney gs412la cab

Various Boss pedals
Try out some Voxes, do some some research on 'em, becuse they have some Amps that HAUL ASS and are not too pricy.
"Strangers passing in the street, by chance two separate glances meet, and I am you and what I see is me."
I know that you could FOR SURE get something from VOX that kicks ass for your budget. For sure.
"Strangers passing in the street, by chance two separate glances meet, and I am you and what I see is me."
Quote by Dave Gilmour
I know that you could FOR SURE get something from VOX that kicks ass for your budget. For sure.

Vox for metal? not unless it's one of those valvetronix xls, but at that price you should go all tube.

I'm not much of a metal person, but ther should be some pretty nice Randall tube amps at that price.
ashdown fallen angel!
just got mine today and its awesome.
awesome cleans for an amp made for metal, great distortion, and if you stick a od in front could do heavy, heavy metal.
zaphod_beeblebr is selling a 60 watt one and also zakk_wylde001 both are selling them at great prices, around £300.
and you'l probably only get them used now because apparently i bought the last new one in england
yeah, but vox for metal? not happening my friend.

i'd look at the 5150 again... if you tone it right you can get great sparkling cleans. otherwise... for your budget... i'd look at saving up another like... $200, i don't know how many euros that is but it should be about £650 - 700. that way you could pick up a used 5150, marshall mode four, or other semi cheap but still sick head and a used cab.
Gear:
ESP Eclipse 300
Jackson RR3
Bugera 6262 head
Trace Elliot straight cab
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-3
Peavey Valveking has really nice cleans, but not quite enough gain for modern metal. You'd need an overdrive pedal.
Quote by hairball
http://www.thomann.de/gb/engl_thunder_50_e320_gitarrencombo.htm

if that can't do your metal and get decent cleans ill eat my hat... which i like a lot. most definately worth it at that price.

that'd probably be what i'd consider; however, you'd need to try it first (i haven't), as from what i hear, it's not as heavy as some of the other engls.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
thanks everyone for your suggestions,
im gonna look into-
engl thunder
randall tube heads
ashdown fallen angel
peavey valveking and retry the 5150/6505

thanks everyone
Ibanez iceman ICT-700 white
Schecter C1 Classic (Amber)
Schecter C1 Classic (tobacco burst)

Laney VH100R head
Laney VC50 combo
Laney gs412la cab

Various Boss pedals
Look into used Laneys, specifically the GH50L, GH100L, VH100R, VC50 and the AOR Protube series.
Schecter C1 Classic Left Handed
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey Valveking 112