okay, this is going off of memory here, but I need some help with this.

Last time I went into GC, one of the first guitars that caught my eye was this one. It was a Fender, I know that much. Body had the general Jazzmaster/Jaguar/Mustang shape; not as wide as a Tele or a Strat, though. two pickups, one volume and one tone knob. I think it may have been a custom job: pickups had covers of some sort, which leads me to think they may have been EMGs, and it had a blue and teal green racing stripe pattern. WHAT IS THIS GUITAR?

Also, think I should buy it? It was about $400, and I'd very much like to have a unique instrument as that one.

So, what is it and is it worth buying?

This it?

If it is, it's a Fender Jagstang. A japanese made Kurt Cobain signature model. They're discontinued now, but they're actually relatively awesome.

Actually, it could just be a fender Mustang. They have 2 pickups without visible polepieces, so they look like EMG's. They don't sound like them, though. Still a good axe. Try it out if you can.
Quote by Wulver
okay, this is going off of memory here, but I need some help with this.

Last time I went into GC, one of the first guitars that caught my eye was this one. It was a Fender, I know that much. Body had the general Jazzmaster/Jaguar/Mustang shape; not as wide as a Tele or a Strat, though. two pickups, one volume and one tone knob. I think it may have been a custom job: pickups had covers of some sort, which leads me to think they may have been EMGs, and it had a blue and teal green racing stripe pattern. WHAT IS THIS GUITAR?

Also, think I should buy it? It was about $400, and I'd very much like to have a unique instrument as that one.

So, what is it and is it worth buying?

Was the finish something like this?

If so, than it's the Toronado GT HH

Although it has the wrong electronics.

The Fender Cyclone also has racing stripes, although it does match other parts of your description.

There is an HH version of this, though.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Last edited by Bonsaischaap at Oct 15, 2007,
Actually looks kinda neat. That trem would put me off a little though. May not be as bad as it looks.
oh, should've gone into more detail....

uh, both were single-coils. don't remember if it had a trem or not, but there was definately no bar attached if there was one.

Dad thinks it was a Mustang, and checking the Wiki article, it probably was. Everything seems to match up. Still don't remember if it has a trem on it or not.

Think it's worth trying out?