Yeah so my band now consists of two guitarists, a trumpet and a drummer. We cant find anyone around who can play bass well so we decided to buy a bass for me or the other guitarist to play with, the thing is we dont have much money. We have decided on a bass but what we need now is a very (very) inexpensive bass amp which is loud enough to be heard over drums and guitars.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
How big of amps do the guitarists have?
Quote by nexteyenate
+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

leftybassdude's opinion is superior to anyone else's

Member of The Weakerthans Fan Club
PM TechnicolorBoy or maybe_I_am to join
Was about to say that. Also, what's your budget?
Quote by tubab0y
Real bassists play with their penis.

Wait, that came out wrong...

well my guitar amp is a Vox 100w and was looking for a bass amp for just $2-300.
It's not going to happen. To compete effectively with a 100W guitar amp you'll need AT LEAST 300W (and not 300 Behringer watts) and better yet 400W. There aren't any $200 400W amps. You may want to check out Carvin, however.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
well really i never need to use the whole 100 watts, there is a power knob on the back i usually leave at about 50W. It just needs to be heard with the drums.

How about this amp?
musiciansfriend

reviews on here says it's perfect for what im looking for
Last edited by HILIKUS! at Oct 16, 2007,
Quote by HILIKUS!
well really i never need to use the whole 100 watts, there is a power knob on the back i usually leave at about 50W. It just needs to be heard with the drums.

How about this amp?
musiciansfriend

reviews on here says it's perfect for what im looking for

Behringer = NO

You aren't going to get a decent amp capable of competing with even 50 watts in that price range.
Get a 100w amp. I dought any guitar player with a 100w amp will crank it all the way up. If they do I would bass slap him and leave before my ears bleed. 100w bass amp would be fine for practice, small gigs, and larger gigs if you had a PA system.

There.
Rhythm Harmony Melody
Ashdown makes a really good rumbly amp, and if your playing Ska (which is sounds like) then grab one

i use it for rock, funk, punk and jazz, so itll work... and they are farily cheap... 180W for 350
Quote by Fast_Bear
someone sig that typo!

no

Quote by MetalUpTheAss
My amp is so loud, it has no number system.

It's only rated in decibels of loud and louder.
Quote by Slap n Thump
Ashdown makes a really good rumbly amp, and if your playing Ska (which is sounds like) then grab one

i use it for rock, funk, punk and jazz, so itll work... and they are farily cheap... 180W for 350

Check my blog for my view on the awesome 300 watt Ashdown I have. Cost me $330 but i think it's $430 normally