so ive got a '91 ibanez rg560 with an edge trem(not sure which one, i think its a 1 or 2)
and whenever i try to bend one string up to a not on the higher string it goes out of tune.
--7b9

since when you increase the tension on one string it pulls the trem system "forward" , it flattens the pitches of the other strings. is there a way around this? ive seen guys like satch pull of this sort of stuff, is it because they have a newer better trem system? or are they just correcting it with slight pressure on the whammy bar?
Quote by diablo_man
so ive got a '91 ibanez rg560 with an edge trem(not sure which one, i think its a 1 or 2)
and whenever i try to bend one string up to a not on the higher string it goes out of tune.
--7b9

since when you increase the tension on one string it pulls the trem system "forward" , it flattens the pitches of the other strings. is there a way around this? ive seen guys like satch pull of this sort of stuff, is it because they have a newer better trem system? or are they just correcting it with slight pressure on the whammy bar?

Your system is fine.

This is one of the drawbacks of a floating bridge.

You might want to look into the Tremol-no. It's 65 bucks, you can install it yourself and it allows you to block and unblock your trem with the twist of a screw
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
You just have to learn to compensate for it.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Bend the 9 a little bit as well.

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

thanks guys, i had kind of figured out ways around it, but its still way harder to get that tight sound on the fly than on my fixed bridge. oh well
I've never found it to be such a big prblem ,,, I duno I've always seemed able to compensate quite easily
Gear:
Dean Razorback V 255 (explosion finish)
Jackson KX10 (amber sunburst)
Yamaha ERG121
random 50 quid acoustic
Randall RG50TC