I'm looking to take my first venture into effects.

I'm looking for compact stompboxes, but here's the thing.

I'm a bit of a neat freak, and as such, plan on buying from the same range over the years. I was thinking about the Boss compact pedals, because they are all the same size and shape, and this appeals to me. Silly to make a decision on this point, but I like things neat

Are the Boss compact pedals good for beginners experimenting with effects?

I was thinking about the reasonably-priced DS-1 for my first.

KR
Martin
yeah boss is a pretty good pedal range, there are better ones but there are a lot that are worse. The ds-1 is a good pedal for classic rock and indie type sounds, and can get heavier distortion like foo fighters n muse like kind off but might want something else if you have any plans to do metal. But yeah boss pedals are cool

I hope you'll get over you'll neat freak thing cos theres a whole world of pedals you'll miss out on if you do that lol
My Stuff: Epi Black Beauty Les Paul with Bareknuckle Pickups, Fender Telecaster MIJ, Cort Electro acoustic, E-ross 12 string acoustic, Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Cry Baby, BOSS DS-1 , Fulltone OCD, Digitech Whammy, Boss TU-3
BOSS pedals are good, though i prefer Electro-Harmonix
SMALL CLONE of the EHX User's Guild

Quote by Ishiga
NOSOUPFORYOU.

Quote by Gurgle!Argh!
this is barely a question. only an idiot would buy a zune.
Quote by Guitar_Joe
yeah boss is a pretty good pedal range, there are better ones but there are a lot that are worse. The ds-1 is a good pedal for classic rock and indie type sounds, and can get heavier distortion like foo fighters n muse like kind off but might want something else if you have any plans to do metal. But yeah boss pedals are cool

I hope you'll get over you'll neat freak thing cos theres a whole world of pedals you'll miss out on if you do that lol

+1

DS-1 was my first pedal and i still use it now, not great of course. However for the price and for someone who's new to effects it's not a bad buy.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Quote by Ibanez'86
I'm looking to take my first venture into effects.

I'm looking for compact stompboxes, but here's the thing.

I'm a bit of a neat freak, and as such, plan on buying from the same range over the years. I was thinking about the Boss compact pedals, because they are all the same size and shape, and this appeals to me. Silly to make a decision on this point, but I like things neat

Are the Boss compact pedals good for beginners experimenting with effects?

I was thinking about the reasonably-priced DS-1 for my first.

KR
Martin

What kind of amp do you have and what are you hoping to achieve with the pedals you buy....no point buying them just for the hell of it.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Boss pedals are the industry standard for effects. There are multiple brands better, and many worse, but boss gives great tone for the price.

I'll have to agree with Steven Seagull as well. You'd should really have a tone you're wanting to achieve, or some effect desired to get the best sound possible, despite the pedal chain being a hodgepodge of brands.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio