hey im looking into getting an effects pedal that will get me a good classic rock tone - think led zeppelin, the who, cream, dire straits

i will be playing using an epiphone les paul standard and a vox ad15vt. alternativly if anyones got any good settings using the amp that would be greatly appreciated,
thanks
Quote by .arkness:.
I did it in the church confession booth. i jizzed all over the mesh in an attempt to hit the priest.
Quote by Tmpstblckjck
Tube Screamer FTW

+1

I Have An Epiphone G400 Custom With 3 'Buckers, Dire Straits Etc don't really focus on Overdrive or Distortion only really on Money For Nothing and Heavy Fuel

They (IE Mark Knopfler) uses mainly clean sounds and single coil EMG's

Gibson Buckethead Les Paul & Peter Frampton Les Paul
Dean Razorback Slime Bumblebee
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
EHX Memory Man/Hazarai
Digitch Whammy
Sovtek Straight 4x12
Herdim Picks
Laney Linebacker 50 Reverb
MXR Phase 90
Well on my ad30vt the Ac30 setting and the Tweed 4x10 get some great classic rock tones.

As far as pedals, I think a bedroom sized tube amp paired with a quality overdrive would get you those tones very well. Being a modeling amp, it might be better to dial in some decent settings and to save up for something like a used Pro junior so the OD pedal can really shine.

Just my two cents and try the AC30 setting, keep the treble almost all the way up. The Bass at 12 o clock, the middle should be low maybe 8 o clock-ish and work from there. So if you want feel free to give those settings a try and good luck with nailing those tones.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Why do you need a pedal? The amp's more thancapable of producing those tones on it's own.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
^ It's true, TS how long have you used the amp?

Cause it might be better to save your money and get something nicer in the future. Than just settling for a pedal now.
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

Quote by zeppelinpage4
Well on my ad30vt the Ac30 setting and the Tweed 4x10 get some great classic rock tones.

As far as pedals, I think a bedroom sized tube amp paired with a quality overdrive would get you those tones very well. Being a modeling amp, it might be better to dial in some decent settings and to save up for something like a used Pro junior so the OD pedal can really shine.

Just my two cents and try the AC30 setting, keep the treble almost all the way up. The Bass at 12 o clock, the middle should be low maybe 8 o clock-ish and work from there. So if you want feel free to give those settings a try and good luck with nailing those tones.

thanks for your input, il try those settings tomorrow thanks again
Quote by .arkness:.
I did it in the church confession booth. i jizzed all over the mesh in an attempt to hit the priest.
Boss Turbo Distortion.. mixed with high gain on on the amp.. low high and mid, average bass
^for that purpose, tubescreamer types of pedals are 100x better. boss bypass and the tubescreamer bypass is kinda meh.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
^didnt i just see these two posts? LAF,

the ad15 is a little thin as compared to the ad 30 and so on.

not saying he should spend money on a pedal, but that's probably why he's having a little trouble.

EDit: if you cant get there, and can find a cheap used marshall guv'nor, u'll like the added taste.

i wouldnt spend more than $25-30 usd tho. after that i suggest you save up for an upgrade.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Marshall-Guvnor-GV-2-Plus-Pedal-Mint-Condition_W0QQitemZ130161940522QQihZ003QQcategoryZ41416QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at Oct 15, 2007,
^ Not a bad idea, I know a user who uses one of those with his ad30vt again not ad15vt but he does use it with his valvetronix and says it's pretty good for the Page stuff.

Quote by steven seagull
Why do you need a pedal? The amp's more thancapable of producing those tones on it's own.

+1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?