I finally found a Rot Rods comp "Do anything you wanna do" in a bargain bin for £3.

It's fantastic, at least, the rock numbers are (although some of them are a little bit country)

If you listen to the title track, you can see where the Jam got their sound off.
Quote by BrianApocalypse
I finally found a Rot Rods comp "Do anything you wanna do" in a bargain bin for £3.

It's fantastic, at least, the rock numbers are (although some of them are a little bit country)

If you listen to the title track, you can see where the Jam got their sound off.

yeah i have always wanted to listen to Eddie and the Hot Rods, i heard they were really great, i just can't find any of there ****, the fact that you said some of the shongs are country make me wanna hear em more

I love all forms of Rock 'n' Roll, past and NOT present
something something something teenage depression something something

Yeah I like that song. (that's them, right?)
Yeah great band. I need to get a cd of theirs, but my list is so big already.

I always get them muddled up with Dr Feelgood. They are quite similar.
i got...three cds of theirs....? yeah... they are good....are they really punk though?
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Rancid are the best punk band ever.

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

He doesn't sound like Opie from family guy at all.
thank you....
Quote by BrianApocalypse

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

The Hot Rods were like the kid at school who won't get his hair cut despite what people tell him.

The Clash, and other suchlike Art School abominations are the cool kids who want everyone to be the same and not think for themselves.
yeah...i guess it is punk when you cover a van morrison and a rolling stones song
Quote by BrianApocalypse

"Teenage Depression" was the first song to be explicitly about nose candy.

And they dressed like village people precursors.

You know who else says is punk, Mike? Mark P.
Quote by mike2
yeah...i guess it is punk when you cover a van morrison and a rolling stones song

i'd cover stuff from van morrison and the rolling stones... especially the stones.
Eddie and the Hot Rods were punk AND pub rock.
Two great tastes that taste great together.

How can you doubt the punkness of this?

BTW, early Rollings Stones are a HUGE influence on punk rock.
It's all over the Dolls sound, by crikey.
The Berlin Brats sound so much like the Moving Rocks, it's not even funny.

Plus, the Avengers cover "Paint It Black" and they is the mostest punk band of ever.
Quote by sargasm
I don't like straight edge because it's part of Hardcore, and I don't like Hardcore because, aside from the terrible music, the kids are often very homophobic.

You forgot ugly, lazy and disrespectful.
yeah the early stones defently are an influence on punk, and rock and roll in general.
i ****ing hate the stones....i love the hot rods....and i know that the stones had a huge infulence on early punk, and johnny t loved the stones....but the sex pistols changed that. thank god cause the stones suck balls...old bastards...
Quote by BrianApocalypse

The Stones are great Mike.

I think that Keef Richards snorting his dad is a bit over the top though.

The Stones are quite like the Clash, they hided their rich boy ness quite convincingly (!)

The Stones were outrageous, they were so hated for their rampant sexuality and "long hair", and the fact that they played RnB type pop, as opposed to the more western-friendly pop of the beatles, meant that their mothers had to constantly write in to the papers saying things like "they're lovely boys".

I bought their albums chronologically, but I gave up after Brian Jones died. Because by then they lost their musical genius and they started getting more commercial and flying in planes and eating caviar and the like, and snorting relatives.

The Dolls were londoners and not wimpy scousers, so even Cocksparrer and the Sham loved the Stones.
I think the Stones are good but they are pretty over-rated a long with the Beatles and The Who. Though they still they have some great tunes.

Now the Kinks, that is a band