So, anyway, this guy I know from highschool, who I haven't talked to in months, just IM'ed me and asked me to do open mic night at a club he works at, tomorrow night. Me and my bassist wanna do it, but we can't get a hold of our other guitarist or out drummer. My bassist will prolly play Anesthesia, and then we'll just do a jam, but here's the thing, they cant set up a drum set on stage, so our drummer will end up just playing bongos or something anyway. Should we go for it anyway? Any ideas for other stuff we could play?
What kind of music do you like? Go with that...:\

Or, since you wanna "jam", cover some ABB or Dead or Phish.
Whatever it is have a 10+ minute bongo break down right in the middle of the jam. I will respect you for many moons.
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Whatever it is have a 10+ minute bongo break down right in the middle of the jam. I will respect you for many moons.

and do that 10+ minute bongo break down, it will sound SO F*CKING METAL
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Ok, the plan right now is to do a medley consiting of Anesthesia by metallica, midnight by joe satriani, orion by metallica, layla by eric clapton, and thunderhorse by dethklok, then do the rest as a jam...
You should probably prepare for the jam, they can sometimes, well, often sound crap if they are unprepared. There should be a structure. And a 10 minute bongo break down? Weak! At least 20. Bring spare bongos to throw at people who fall asleep.
Quote by The Spoon
i wasnt wikipediaing blow job okay, it just happened

Quote by primusfan

one time i fucked a sofa.

Quote by Draken
Freedom of speach?

on a private website?

Based in Russia?

i'm sorry comrade, but you fail.
Quote by Superpartydude5
So, anyway, this guy I know from highschool, who I haven't talked to in months, just IM'ed me and asked me to do open mic night at a club he works at, tomorrow night. Me and my bassist wanna do it, but we can't get a hold of our other guitarist or out drummer. My bassist will prolly play Anesthesia, and then we'll just do a jam, but here's the thing, they cant set up a drum set on stage, so our drummer will end up just playing bongos or something anyway. Should we go for it anyway? Any ideas for other stuff we could play?

Go for it. Bongos plus acoustic guitar.
Do some acoustic death metal! Machine gun bongos!