I've never built effects before, but I know how to solder and have worked on electric guitar electronics.

I'm looking for something that will really... well... for lack of a better term, **** up my guitar sound. I was looking at a MoogerFooger, and also a Robotalk, but they're damned expensive. Are there any kits I could buy or plans I could follow to build something really out there? I know of kits for fuzz, sustain, etc., but is there anything out there this specialized? And could I do it for a first time build?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: The Robotalk is an arpeggio filter. I highly doubt it's possible to buy a kit or find plans for something like that, but if they exist, lemme know.
Talkboxes are probably one of the more flexible effects you can throw in. I remember seeing a video about the Ghetto Talkbox on here a few days ago.
Last.FM

Quote by Applehead
There are some things in life that are universally "good":

Sex, pizza, the smell of fresh washing and slap bass.
Have a look here. Learn to read schematics and play with some of the easier circuits there.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
build a feedback/true bypass loop
Quote by asfastasdark
+1. This man knows his ****.

Walker Rose.
Finish your amazing black/white build first!
Quote by Pikka Bird
Go pikka yourself!
If you can find a schematic for something like an Effector 13 pedal, deffenitley try that out. Check out Effector 13 for ideas, they make really wild oscillating fuzzes.

Member Q-Tron of the EHX Users Guild
Here is a board you can order for making your own guitar synth, looks like quite a large project, but it offers extreme controll over the sound. THe same site also sells individual VCO boards and other neat things that you can make your own effects out of.
Quote by rhymeswith suck
If you can find a schematic for something like an Effector 13 pedal, deffenitley try that out. Check out Effector 13 for ideas, they make really wild oscillating fuzzes.

Sweet, I'll check it out, thanks.

Quote by *kas
Finish your amazing black/white build first!

Man... I haven't updated that thread in ages... thanks for the reminder.

Quote by dullsilver_mike
Here is a board you can order for making your own guitar synth, looks like quite a large project, but it offers extreme controll over the sound. THe same site also sells individual VCO boards and other neat things that you can make your own effects out of.

That is pretty much what I created this topic for. Thank you so much.
If you build that thing or find a neat way to use some of the other stuff on there, you darn well better post the project with full pics for all of us to see!