I've been playing for 1 1/2 years. i play metal and shred (vai, malmsteem, satch) and need 24 frets. maybe not a bar

i want your opinion on these guitars (ive also included possible pickups to install on models with not good stock ones) and the top money i can spend is 800. they are:
washburn dime v
Jackson DK2M
dean vendetta 4 floyd
ESP LTD M-400
Ibanez RG320EX Artic Ice with this pickups
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Either the ESP or the ibanez.

I vote ibanez.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
did you ever think about the esp H-1001? they have it in duncans and EMG's for like $800 and is the eqivalent to an ESP horizon II. I have the h-1000 model (same thing except older) and it plays like a dream! I have not found a guitar I like as much yet!
Ok, first of all I laugh at you for saying you can play malmsteen after only 1.5 years

Secondly, get the Dean. Always get the Dean.
ESP Custom Shop 40th Anniversary Eclipse
ESP Standard Eclipse-II
Ibanez AF85VLS
id say the jackson and definetely not the ibanez only because thats not much of a shread guitar and everyhitng else is ok but id say get the jackson for sure
Go to a guitar store and try them, out similar models by the same company, out. I personally own a Jackson and like the neck and action, but you might not, so try them out.
Last edited by burning_snowman at Oct 15, 2007,
i vote for the dk2m. i have a dk2t and it is amazing for shred. it plays like butter and sounds great
Quote by Killian5-0
I was looking at a friend of mines baby that was just born and I said "He's younger than me"

Quote by Rocker_geek
nexteyenate you win
Linux
Quote by OThugSd
Ok, first of all I laugh at you for saying you can play malmsteen after only 1.5 years

Secondly, get the Dean. Always get the Dean.

i can play malmsteen. why dont you believe me? cuz your a looser?
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

Quote by ldnovelo

Well, at least I can spell the word "Loser."

And Malmsteen is a ****ing virtuoso. You are a newb.
ESP Standard Eclipse-II
Ibanez AF85VLS
Quote by burning_snowman
Go to a guitar store and try them, ot similar models buy the same company, out. I personally own a Jackson and like the neck and action, but you might not, so try them out.

i tried a ESP MH-50 and M-1000, a jackson DKMG with emg hz an ibanez RG 2ex1 and a dean dime from hell. no washburn tought. i liked better the dean and the M-1000, but they are like 200 higher than this ones, so really no comparision. after those two, i would have chosen the Dinky, but i really prefered the M-1000 and DFH for a long way
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

Quote by ldnovelo

I doubt you can play Malmsteen after 1.5 years. I would need some proof.
His what?
Last edited by burning_snowman at Oct 15, 2007,
Quote by OThugSd
Well, at least I can spell the word "Loser."

And Malmsteen is a ****ing virtuoso. You are a newb.

oh yeah, but you still are a loser, even with double o's
LOOSER=OThugSd
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

Quote by burning_snowman
I doubt you can play Malmsteen after 1.5 years. I woould need some proof.
His what?

Thank you. I am sick of new kids being like "I started two months ago, I'm better than Jimmy Page."

CAN'T PLAY MALMSTEEN = ldnovelo
ESP Standard Eclipse-II
Ibanez AF85VLS
Quote by OThugSd
Thank you. I am sick of new kids being like "I started two months ago, I'm better than Jimmy Page."

CAN'T PLAY MALMSTEEN = ldnovelo

Maybe he knows a Malmsteen riff or two and things he can play Malmsteen.
Quote by OThugSd

CAN'T PLAY MALMSTEEN = ldnovelo+Lemoninfluence

just thought I'd add that in.

also TS you might want to look at the RG321 or the RGR421EXFM they don't have the crap trem and so might be a better option.

but out of those listed I'd go for the DK2M
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by burning_snowman
I doubt you can play Malmsteen after 1.5 years. I woould need some proof.
His what?

Yngwie aint that hard. have you even tried to play Far Beying the sun? its not that hard, just learn 20 seconds of it, practice that for a week and you have it. then other 20 seconds of it, anothre wek and that.
the first 2 and half minutes are the easiest part, it takes like 2 hours to learn that. if you dont believe, go try.
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

Quote by ldnovelo
Yngwie aint that hard. have you even tried to play Far Beying the sun? its not that hard, just learn 20 seconds of it, practice that for a week and you have it. then other 20 seconds of it, anothre wek and that.
the first 2 and half minutes are the easiest part, it takes like 2 hours to learn that. if you dont believe, go try.

with that sort of practicing timetable, it won't be up to 'shred' standards, and I personally wouldn't consider myself able to play something unless I could play it at a level that is somewhere near the recorded version.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by burning_snowman
Maybe he knows a Malmsteen riff or two and things he can play Malmsteen.

i know f*cking far beyond the f*cking sun, black star and blue
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

Quote by Lemoninfluence
with that sort of practicing timetable, it won't be up to 'shred' standards, and I personally wouldn't consider myself able to play something unless I could play it at a level that is somewhere near the recorded version.

i play it near the recorded version god dammit. why dont you go learn an yngwie song and discover it aint that hard? its just about practicing like 10 hours a day and that
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

The problem isn't that nobody can play Malmsteen, it's that you've only been playing for a short time, dude. Everyone can play some riffs and easy **** but to play his solos and sweeps and **** perfectly, I doubt it. He's considered a virtuoso because he's better than 90-something percent of guitar players
ESP Standard Eclipse-II
Ibanez AF85VLS
Quote by ldnovelo
i know f*cking far beyond the f*cking sun, black star and blue

I will continue to doubt that you can play it cleanly at the tempo it was recorded at until I see proof.
Quote by OThugSd
The problem isn't that nobody can play Malmsteen, it's that you've only been playing for a short time, dude. Everyone can play some riffs and easy **** but to play his solos and sweeps and **** perfectly, I doubt it. He's considered a virtuoso because he's better than 90-something percent of guitar players

man, its just to practice, if you go play 10 hours a day four 1 year you'll be able to play a lot of songs.

i also tought i would never play Yngwie, ad when i say a youtube vid of him like 6 months ago, i fell down sometime, and tought of leaving the guitar, but then i said to myself "WTF? I WANT TO F*CKING BEAT HIM ONE DAY" and so i started practicing 10 hours a day and learning some if his stuff

btw, how long have you all been playing?

anyway, no more malmsteen talking. what guitar would you go for
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

Last edited by ldnovelo at Oct 15, 2007,
Quote by ldnovelo
man, its just to practice, if you go play 10 hours a day four 1 year you'll be able to play a lot of songs.

anyway, no more malmsteen talking. what guitar would you go for

Like I said, I'd go for the Dean. I find their necks to be more playable than Jackson's or ESP's.
ESP Standard Eclipse-II
Ibanez AF85VLS
Quote by OThugSd
Like I said, I'd go for the Dean. I find their necks to be more playable than Jackson's or ESP's.

ok, thanks for your opinion
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

Ibanez. Depending on what deal you can get go for anything Prestige or J-Custom.

PSN ID: ArranP
Righto...

As a general rule.

Signature Guitars = **** / Overpriced-For-What-It-Is

However, it IS a Dean... and in most circumstances of what I have seen, Dean guitars are overpriced and crap. So, I would cross the DFH guitar off your list. Granted, you did try it out, but the LFR might not last long and you can get better guitars for the price.

I have nothing to say regarding that Washburn Dime model, although it is said that they are superior to their Dean counterparts. However, like I said before, Sig = NO! so I wouldn't get it. You should check out the Washburn X50PRO or X40PRO, they are both pretty killer guitars and good bang for buck. (X50PRO = Hardtail; X40PRO = Schaller Trem).

The Jackson DK2M is pretty good, although when I tried it I didn't really like the neck. Too fat. However, that is up to the player so you might like that neck. Specs wise, it is pretty good and the LFR is a direct swap for an OFR. It's Jap made, so that's assuring. Make sure you get one AFTER '06 because models were updated with proper SD pickups and an reinforced plate for the LFR was placed.

The ESP LTD M-400 is a pretty good guitar as well. Specs wise it's quite good and I hear the LFR is pretty reliable too. I am not sure about the specific differences in the neck dimensions between the M-400 and M-1000... but if you liked the M-400 you will probably like the M-400.

As for Ibanez, you linked an IC400 so I am not sure what to comment on. But if you want a shred guitar, most players for the Ibanez RG1570. Awesome trem, okay pickups (change out for some bad ass ones of YOUR own choice) and a hardcase.

Also, for you Malmsteen *****s.... who gives a ****?
If you're swapping the pickups anyway, I'd say go for the Ibanez.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/