Well i know you might be annoyed at all the "which amp" threads, but this one is more important....for...some reason...

So anyways here's links to both:
AT-112 http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/B52-60Watt-1x12-Tube-Combo?sku=480046

AT-212 http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/B52-AT212-100Watt-2-x-12-Combo-Tube-Amp?sku=481309

Kay. So I have a Crate GT-1200H I'm selling and that was nowhere near loud or good sounding enough. I'd rather have a loud amp as I'm in a band, but i'm not using this for practice since i have a PODxt Live for that...

I know they had big issues a while back, like overheating and the 212 is heavy, and things broke, but they worked out the bugs and the newer ones are just fine.

So my big question is, should I get the lighter one or the 212 which is about $150 bucks more? I'm guessing 60 watts is loud enough, since it's all tube... But I've never owned a tube before (yeah i know, i haven't really lived...).

Overall it's a question of price, weight, volume, tonal differences, better options, and I'm leaning towards the 112, but I thought i'd ask you guys since it's always better to get other opinions before you make a big purchase like this.

EDIT: Just found out the At-112 deosn't have two separate gain channels, or the rectifier selection switch (choosing b/w class A, Class A/B and Solid State). The dual distortion channels is enough to sell me on the 212 but it's about 85 lbs. ouch.

Thanks!!
Last edited by nxtvanhalen at Oct 15, 2007,
what you could do is get the AT-112 and spend some money on a good cab!
Guitar
Lyon LI15
Epi Beast
Berhinger V-ampire LX210
Danelectro grilled cheese & t-bone

Bass:
Peavey 112
Ibanez gsr200

Saving for Bugera 333 $300 / $599 :|

Quote by Doppelgänger
Agreed. There's no point in doing anything if she looks like shit.
85 pounds isnt much. If it IS too much get get a little hand truck to haul it around. I wouldve said to get the 2x12 anyways. Im not a fan of single speaker combos that are made more for heavy music. For classic stuff, yeah, 1x12s are awesome. But for heavy stuff youre going to want that extra low end of the second speaker.
Guitarplaymetal: yeah i could, but i originally wanted a combo because i have that half stack, and it's too big to lug around, mostly not weight, but the size bugs me. plus good cabinets are pretty expensive, and i wouldnt find a nice one for 150 bucks (the money i'd save for buying the 112). thanks though, i actually hadnt thought about that before i posted this!

kurdtkobaign: Ok good, since i'm really into heavy over the top distortion (i was going to get a randall but i figured the b-52 was better). there are casters on it, so you can just wheel it around, and it's much smaller than the half stack i had. the dit i mad was really important as well, as i'd MUCH rather have 2 distortion channels, since that's what our band's style calls for, and it's perfect for me. i wasreluctant considering the 112 at first then recosidered it, but now since there are more options (and two speakers really can help the tone) i'm leaning towards the 212 more now. anyone else have some excellent advice?

thanks!
for your needs i would go with the 212 version since they extra features will prove more useful to you.

just remember it isnt really two distortion channels. its a channel with a shared eq but two seperate gain knobs. just making sure that you know that
Gear
-Ibanez RG321 ( /w D-Sonic)
-Agile AL-3100 (/w Custom + '59)
-Yamaha FG730S
-Crybaby 535Q
-Keeley TS-9
-ISP Decimator
-B-52 AT-212
Quote by Mental-lica
My hats off to you mr. lanzaa and you can put this in your sig

M en
E jaculating
T o
A wful
L yrics
yeah i knew they hade a shared EQ which i think is good in some cases. to me it seems like it would make transitions easier and smooth between the gain levels without soudning radically different. it's basically the same setup as on my Crate, but it...you know...ounds good.

isn't one more vintage and classic rock, and the second high gain hard rock metal type goodness? ah and i see you have the B-52 at-212 AND ISP decimator, which i was also thinking of getting... lucky....

thanks man!
yeah its pretty much like that for the channels. the first one is good for the lesser gain stuff and the second one is for the more head on metal distortion
Gear
-Ibanez RG321 ( /w D-Sonic)
-Agile AL-3100 (/w Custom + '59)
-Yamaha FG730S
-Crybaby 535Q
-Keeley TS-9
-ISP Decimator
-B-52 AT-212
Quote by Mental-lica
My hats off to you mr. lanzaa and you can put this in your sig

M en
E jaculating