I was just reading the article for "economy picking."

WTF?

This is what I've done from the day I picked up a guitar. I'm sitting here reading articles to improve my picking but apparently I already have the correct technique down.

Why the HELL do we need an article on this? This so called economy picking is so obvious! I mean, alternate picking is obvious. You use both up and down strokes to double your speed. That makes sense, that would click with most people. But what wouldn't click would be that you're supposed to use an upstroke if you're moving down a string (example, I picked down on 6. Now I'm going to pick up on 5?)

That never clicked for me, so I never did it. I just used another downstroke to move downwards.

I just figured it was common sense.

On the other hand, I'm delighted that I don't have to re-learn how to pick!

Comments? This is really just me ranting, I guess.
I'm looking for a tab of The Marshall Plan, by Blue Oyster Cult, and of Mario Minor, by Powerglove. If you have one please PM me.
Well done.

You could have invented economy picking if you were born 60 years earlier.

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

But I would have missed out on all kinds of kickass rock and roll!
I'm looking for a tab of The Marshall Plan, by Blue Oyster Cult, and of Mario Minor, by Powerglove. If you have one please PM me.
Nope, you're spot on...people get way too hung up on the whole "alternate picking v economy picking" thing which doesn't actually exist. Stupid questions like "should i use economy picking or alt picking" etc...

It's all just picking, like you've said it's just common sense. Technically economy picking is just a natural extension of alternate picking, but it's more a way to describe what you've done rather than decide what you're going to do.

Nobody stands there thinking "Hmmmm, I'll economy pick until I get there...then I'll to a bit of alternate picking until I get to the 14th fret on the G string, then I'll economy pick again etc". You just pick the way that best suits the whatever you're playing.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
yeah, thats the way ive always been. strict alternate picking seems so foolish to me.
but you know, even paul gilbert at one point, for some reason thought you were only supposed to play upstrokes. i guess its not as obvious for some people.
jackson dinky build!

do you live in a country?

pics dude or a vid of you trying to say 'bananaramapancake'
so it comes out brabrabrabwabwa

^about when i came home from the dentist and my face was numb from novacaine.
alt picking is more even and can be just as easy when you get used to it.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.