Not sure if its the right place as its a bands song rather an individual artists, but if it is i'd like to hear your thoughts about it please

Bear in mind its a low quality recording.

http://www.myspace.com/blacksanitarium
(Only one song uploaded atm)

And ofc, crit4crit
Last edited by Agosen at Oct 15, 2007,
The song seems decent. I'm curious as to how you recorded it though. The song is pretty good, but it sounds really bad. The solo at around 2:00 starts off really week, but I definitely like it's climax. Also, the instrumental parts that are not solos feel like there should be singing in them. If not, then they could definitely use some guitar leads or something to keep them from just being the band rocking a chord progression. You should try and find a way to make decent recordings though, cause it seems like you have a pretty good thing going on with your band and I would assume you have more than one good song, so it would be good to hear more from you guys if you could make it sound good.

here's a song of mine to check out: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=692679
Hey thanks, we recorded it through an old karoke box thingy.... lol - not the greatest i realise, we're recording in a studio next week though so if your interested you can hear some more and that song with much better quality :P
I can definatly(sp?) hear the Metallica and AiC influences. I liked it, the recording needs to be cleaned up though.
last.fm
Quote by darkstar2466
*head explodes*
You sir, are a god.

Quote by BBW
This song is about Little Red Riding Hood and her trials and tribulations with the Big Bad Wolf. He was a cunt who liked to bother pigs when they relaxed after work in their houses.
Yeah, as i said we're doing that nextweek, thats a reallllly low quality version, its also oldish, we've improved it somewhat since then.

I'll remake this thread when we get em done, and ill rate your song now chicken
nice bass and accurate drumming! clean guitar should maybe have a cleaner and brighter tone, and lead guitars volume is really low, can barely hear it, really too bad cuz it seems to have great potential!
Quote by Nikon87
Okay, let me just clarify, I don't mean pedophilia or incest, lol.

Quote by webbtje
That's what they all say.

*picks up pitchfork*

Quote by dminishedthingy
Karl Sanders has to drop his guitar to z so he can play his diminished thingies

Proud owner of a LTD DV8-R
Quote by Agosen
Yeah, as i said we're doing that nextweek, thats a reallllly low quality version, its also oldish, we've improved it somewhat since then.

I'll remake this thread when we get em done, and ill rate your song now chicken

Cool, I would like to hear it cleaned up.
last.fm
Quote by darkstar2466
*head explodes*
You sir, are a god.

Quote by BBW
This song is about Little Red Riding Hood and her trials and tribulations with the Big Bad Wolf. He was a cunt who liked to bother pigs when they relaxed after work in their houses.
As far as the song goes, I like the idea. Grunge sound, very cool. Vocalist isn't too shabby, but needs a little work. Actually, take this however you want, it reminds me of 3 Doors Down.

There was sloppy guitar playing to be honest, and the lead guitar tone left much to be desired. Very thin and weak sounding. Recording quality wasn't the greatest, but you that can't be held against you.

You guys sound like a new, inexperienced band, so good luck with things. I like the idea for the song alot, there's just some improvements you could make to make it a little better.

crit mine? http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=692964
Quote by Zeppelin71
Umm. . .uh. . .your mom touched sjones' dick. YOUR MOM TOUCHED OUR GUITARISTS GENITALS IN A CAMPER AT A BIKER FESTIVAL! truth.
pretty cool, has a fade to black type structure to it, which is interesting. maybe put your distortion louder on the chorus, i liked the clean riff and intro. the singer sounds good, has the metallica type feel to it which was interesting as well, you guys sound good, just turn up the distortion on the guitars when u switch channels. i liked how it went back to the intro solo, pretty nifty. Overall cool song, maybe switch the drums up for some dynamic change during the interlude/solo thing?

cfc? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=693724
dude, what about an actual solo in death metal instead of that poof from linkin park. Think of Pulse of the Maggots - Bed Of Razors

#1 MEMEBER OF THE OFFICIAL THRASH METAL FAN CLUB (PM URE FAV BANDS TO ME TO JOIN)
Thanks for the comments, i have to say... the guitar isnt too loud/tone isnt too great. But thats partly due to the recording again, trust me, both our guitarists have a great tone and verrrryyy good for how long they've been playing.
Singer sounds like he has potential, but I would say needs to put some more practice in.
It's probably the recording, but it sounds like you all need to sort out your sound levels to get a better mix.
Solo, what I could hear from it, was pretty good!

Overall, I like the song but the recording lets it down.

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=693081