I am getting a strange sound from my guitar all of a sudden and I am not sure why, maybe you guys could help me. I noticed first that I seem to be getting a buzzing tone even when I am not touching the strings, mostly is seems to be coming from my B and High E strings. Then if I strum it all open, i hear a kinda warp sound coming from the hole, like a wa-wa-wa-wa kind of tone, I know that makes no sense but it sounds like a wierd alien spaceship lol. It's faint, but I hear it enough for it to bother me. I made sure the guitar is in tune with my Qwik tune tuner but still makes that tone after playing.

Anyone have any idea what it could be? Maybe I dented the guitar or the strings are garbage or warped?

Thanks
Warped Neck maybe?
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Green, because a vest has no sleeves.

Can't we all just get a bong?
^nope.

ur cable might be broken.
ur guitar input might be loose.
u might have grounding issues.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
haha, im so sorry, i clicked into the acoustic section by accident. my bad.

ok, now that ive opened my big mouth, let me actually help you with your problem.

i thought you said the strings made noise without you touching them.
i took that to mean the guitar was amplified in some way?

how would they buzz when you're not touching them?
did you mean, When you play an open note??

if that's the case, then where are the strings rubbing the frets?
the cut's in the nut might be a little low.

how old are the strings?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Well when I say "not touching them" I mean playing them open yes, they seem to buzz. The guitar is brand new (yes a less expensive one to try to learn on) The strings seem far enough away from the frets to not touch them, and I am more concerned with the weird whirring tone coming from it that resonates over and over..
a crack, or bad bracing, can buzz in the body.

strum, and touch different parts of the saddle.
strum and touch the front, the back, the neck joint.

you are looking for a spot, that when you touch it, the buzzing noise stops.

also look into the hole with a flashlight. see if anything moves or hangs in there.
when you play or when you lightly shake the guitar.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

It could be the label on the inside coming loose. This happend to me more than once.