Page 1 of 2
Some asshole took D'yer Mak'er and made it into a song called Me Love.

I was at a friend's house and BET was on the TV and I recognized the song as D'yer Mak'er. Instead, to my surprise it's a song called Me Love by some asshole named Sean Kingston.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=eClZA5IHLUc - D'yer Mak'er

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFJQAfW_jgw - Stolen Song

2004 MIM Strat w/ Fender Hot Noiseless pickups
Sovtek MiG 60
Avatar 2x12 w/ Celestion Greenbacks
Snark Tuner
MXR Custom Comp
Fulltone Full-Drive 2
Dunlop JHM3 Univibe
TC electronic Nova Delay
TC electronic Arena Reverb
Kill Sean Kingston indeed. That is bull****. He should not be making money off of that.

2004 MIM Strat w/ Fender Hot Noiseless pickups
Sovtek MiG 60
Avatar 2x12 w/ Celestion Greenbacks
Snark Tuner
MXR Custom Comp
Fulltone Full-Drive 2
Dunlop JHM3 Univibe
TC electronic Nova Delay
TC electronic Arena Reverb
Almost angers me, but this has been done so many times with so many great classic rock artists that I don't really care anymore.
Quote by 6079 Smith W
One time I had this chick setting on my lap, sucking on my neck, unbuttoning my pants when one of my friends walked in and ruined the whole thing. To be fair though, she was his girlfriend.

Shoopin' that whoop since before you were born, son.
i heard that at shcool one day, whats sad is no one realizes its not his material.
Living is easy with eyes closed...
--------------------------

Quote by GnR_ROK
I'm surprised you returned to this thread after cheeseman owned you.
He didn't steal it, he sampled it, but nonetheless its a thousand times worse than D'yer Mak'er
lol, wut?

thats so retarded. omgwtfbbqasapsro
Quote by Dimebag22
This might just be the smartest guy in The Pit. I didn't believe Ethan when he told me there were smart people in The Pit But I was wrong.

yeah, thats me

member 42 of the Iron Maiden are gods club. PM revelations to join
Wow...I've heard both songs before, and I never realized that. What an asshole.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Well, since Zeppelin stole D'yer Mak'er I guess it's okay with me.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools
As much as I hate Sean Kingston, unfortunately for you Led Zeppelin will have sold him the rights to use that sample. If it is indeed a sample, from listening to the first few seconds they just sound like generic reggae guitar.

If you should be mad at anyone it's whoever in Zeppelin put money before the integrity of their music.
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
I'm a huge Led Zeppelin fan (Jimmy Page is my avatar), but he just sampled it, and if you don't like it suck it up. P Diddy did his song Come With Me using Kashmir (granted Jimmy Page played it for him). Rap (Hip hop) using rock samples sounds good sometimes. Just check out Hip Hop is Dead by Nas, great example using Ina Gadda Da Vida as its sampled song.

To be fair, Led Zeppelin have gotten in huge trouble because they stole songs or parts from unknown musicians (see Babe I'm Gonna Leave You, Moby Dick, Whole Lotta Love, Black Mountain Side, Dazed and Confused, Stairway to heaven, a lot more)
Quote by Reverb X
I think you should touch your penis. It solves all problems.

Quote by JimmyPageda2nd
My penis is not huge.

EDIT: If anyone sigs that, I'll beat their ass.

Member of the Nobody Club:We Don't Matter Enough To Have Titles. PM gunther_sucks to join
Quote by mulletboy14
Yeah, this guy released a single a few weeks ago, which was just "stand By Me" be Ben King, with different words...

yeah i remeber that i was like "this is stand by me...."
I hate it when artists rip off other artists' stuff and don't give credit or completely steal it and name it their own. Even though Led Zeppelin did that, I hate it when these rappers do it. Sean Kingston also used "Stand By Me" in his song "Beautiful Girls"
well gos to show u hip hop blows...cant make there own **** up....but yeah its done by alot of hip hop people and lots of other rock (real) musicians
Quote by kroberts8
He didn't steal it, he sampled it, but nonetheless its a thousand times worse than D'yer Mak'er

You

Quote by Rankles
As much as I hate Sean Kingston, unfortunately for you Led Zeppelin will have sold him the rights to use that sample. If it is indeed a sample, from listening to the first few seconds they just sound like generic reggae guitar.

If you should be mad at anyone it's whoever in Zeppelin put money before the integrity of their music.

And you

Quote by powerstroke
I'm a huge Led Zeppelin fan (Jimmy Page is my avatar), but he just sampled it, and if you don't like it suck it up. P Diddy did his song Come With Me using Kashmir (granted Jimmy Page played it for him). Rap (Hip hop) using rock samples sounds good sometimes. Just check out Hip Hop is Dead by Nas, great example using Ina Gadda Da Vida as its sampled song.

To be fair, Led Zeppelin have gotten in huge trouble because they stole songs or parts from unknown musicians (see Babe I'm Gonna Leave You, Moby Dick, Whole Lotta Love, Black Mountain Side, Dazed and Confused, Stairway to heaven, a lot more)

And you are idiots. A sample implies that a song borrowed say, guitar music, or bass music, or a drum beat or something. Not only did Sean Kingston do that, he also stole the melody and most of the words. The main melody is the EXACT ****ING SAME. Also

1. Oh oh oh oh oh oh, you don't have to go-oh?
2. Oh oh oh oh oh oh, why you have to go-oh away from here?

That's what I thought.
Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
I don't liek it when ppl do that.. sure sometimes it sounds better... but this is my question.. Is he not smart enough to write his own music?

Quote:
Originally Posted by electricsnake
if God was a chick then once a month the world would blow up
Quote by t3xas_dood88
well gos to show u hip hop blows...cant make there own **** up....but yeah its done by alot of hip hop people and lots of other rock (real) musicians

Listen up. It takes talent to sample and mix samplings and to use the equipment for that. Who would ever have the idea to mix multiple songs to make it into one song with rapping over it? It takes talent to come up with these kinds of ideas, but it probably takes more talent to make the actual song people are sampling.

Also, what about the rock bands that cover other rock bands song?

It takes talent to mix songs that will actually sound great together, don't be a close minded fool.
Death to Sean Kingston,even if he did pay for rights,he's a sucky ass excuse for a musician who can't write his own lyrics but has to buy them off bands that kids that have been brainwashed by MTV won't recognize.
Quote by Jackal58
If I was Santa you'd all get shit for Christmas.
Quote by paulvxD
Listen up. It takes talent to sample and mix samplings and to use the equipment for that. Who would ever have the idea to mix multiple songs to make it into one song with rapping over it? It takes talent to come up with these kinds of ideas, but it probably takes more talent to make the actual song people are sampling.

Also, what about the rock bands that cover other rock bands song?

It takes talent to mix songs that will actually sound great together, don't be a close minded fool.

I wouldn't say "talent", but maybe a slight degree of skill is involved.

And I don't think that many rappers do the mixing themselves.
I'm a person.
Quote by PinkIsCool
I wouldn't say "talent", but maybe a slight degree of skill is involved.

And I don't think that many rappers do the mixing themselves.

Well, the DJs and sometimes the MCs. Nonetheless, it still takes some skill or whatever you want to call it to come up with that idea and actually mix them together.
Quote by paulvxD
I hate it when artists rip off other artists' stuff and don't give credit or completely steal it and name it their own. Even though Led Zeppelin did that, I hate it when these rappers do it. Sean Kingston also used "Stand By Me" in his song "Beautiful Girls"

I love it. One rule for one, one rule for another. It's okay for Led Zeppelin to rip people blind, because they're Led Zeppelin, but it's not alright for a hip-hop/reggae/whatever artist, albeit this time a crap one, to legally use a sample, with permission from the owner.

And you'll find that the vast majority of samples used in rap songs are, and HAVE to be, by law, credited.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Haha I get a hoot out of all of you kids thinking Led Zeppelin is something high and mighty.
Quote by Aqua Dementia
Haha I get a hoot out of all of you kids thinking Led Zeppelin is something high and mighty.

And I assume you're better than Led Zeppelin? Get better taste or screw off.
Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Quote by Sonicxlover
And I assume you're better than Led Zeppelin? Get better taste or screw off.

No I just don't think that their gods, that's all. There just another band to me.

I have good taste in music, but because I don't like teh Zepplinz I have to screw off? Yea right.
Quote by Aqua Dementia
No I just don't think that their gods, that's all. There just another band to me.

I have good taste in music, but because I don't like teh Zepplinz I have to screw off? Yea right.

Btw, it's they're

"Good" music is subjective.
Quote by cheeseman3001
i heard that at shcool one day, whats sad is no one realizes its not his material.

Same with that one dude that sang "Take a Look at My Girlfriend." Everyone at my school thought it was an original but I was like, that's by supertramp. pwned
"Waltz it up! The pit is it!"
Quote by paulvxD
Btw, it's they're

"Good" music is subjective.

Aiie, I missed that one.

I know it is, but sonicxlover is telling me that MY taste in music is no good, for not liking Zeppelin. Perhaps he hasn't heard of an opinion?

I'm not saying my taste is better or anything.
Quote by Skippy_McNutty
Same with that one dude that sang "Take a Look at My Girlfriend." Everyone at my school thought it was an original but I was like, that's by supertramp. pwned

that happened to me too! It also happened when RHCP ripped of Tom Petty and the Heartbreaker's song, Mary Jane's Last Dance. And it's going to happen to me with this too probably.
Quote by Jackal58
If I was Santa you'd all get shit for Christmas.
Hey, Just look at all the fools theese days getting payed to play songs by musical geniuses that have been long deceased, Beethoven, Mozart, Bach, all them.
OH NOES HE SAMPLED A LED ZEPPELIN SONG!

Seriously, it's fine. It's just a form of artistic expression, which happens to be different. If anything, I'm glad it's getting played.
"Button my white shirt
Put on some old ragged shoes.
Facade or the truth?"
It's not stealing, it's sampling.

This has probably been said already
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Page 1 of 2