Do you think microsoft should provide a free spare xbox if broken after guarantee?. With your broadband, 10 games a year and xbox gold thing that a lotta cash that you have already spent investing in your future entertainment That you wont get unless you pay another $400 and get another

Or are Miros%%t (censored for extremely topical nature) just robbin tards?
it's microsoft..

so no
my gear:
Jackson DKMG(the one with EMG 81/85's)
b-52 AT 212 100 watt amp
old gear i'll probably sell eventually:
yamaha beginners guitar
gunmetal grey Fender squire strat
Fender 65R amp
should but wont
just so i dont have to edit every post i make, let me clarify something I CANT TYPE WELL....thanks
No, because they get replaced/repaired during the guarantee period. If they got reapaired/replaced AFTER guarantee, they'd lose a lot of money, and there'd be no point in having the guarantee anyway.

Electrical components f*ck up from wear and tear. The Microsoft guarantee tells you that this shouldn't happen within a certain timeframe, and they will be willing to repair or replace otherwise. It would be stupid business sense to offer free repair/replacement AFTER the lifespan of the console.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
No, because they get replaced/repaired during the guarantee period. If they got reapaired/replaced AFTER guarantee, they'd lose a lot of money, and there'd be no point in having the guarantee anyway.

Electrical components f*ck up from wear and tear. The Microsoft guarantee tells you that this shouldn't happen within a certain timeframe, and they will be willing to repair or replace otherwise. It would be stupid business sense to offer free repair/replacement AFTER the lifespan of the console.

Especially when they hav'nt even made any profit off the first one.
PSN: Shibuib
Steam: Drag_on88rr@hotmail.com
add me

Elvis Presley aint got no soul, Chuck Berry is rock and roll.

日本語をシグに入れるのは馬鹿やキザ野郎のする事だぜ。
They have extended warranty plans you can pay for, so no, they wouldn't do that.

Still, because the RROD is such a frequent issue, I don't think they'll refuse any systems encountering that problem, regardless of warranty. Well, for now, anyway.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
No company is ever going to be prepared to repair the product after its warranty. By the time its lasted the warranty period the prices have dropped enough to make buying a replacement more feasible. The only way you would ever get a free x-box is if there was a mass recall over something that they missed, which given how long its been out is very, very unlikely.
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
True. Consoles make no money. Consoles always sell at a loss.

Except Wii.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Really? How much does it cost to make a Wii?

no idea. given the price, they're either cheap or they make a ****ing huge loss
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
im on my 3rd xbox at the moment and getting a new one was easy for me because i got an extended warranty through eb who just let me take it in then they give me a new one but i can see it would be a pain to get it done through microsoft.

yes they should give us new ones free because they generally shouldnt have released a faulty system in the beginning.

EDIT: my extended warranty wasnt free tho either it cost an extra 80 bucks but still cheaper than sending it to the assholes at microsoft
Quote by UndeadPaperclip
Screw emo jokes, what has 6 arms, 6 legs, and 2 heads?

Nirvana.

Member Of The 'Proud Owner Of An Ibanez' Club

www.myspace.com/woody_851
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Really? How much does it cost to make a Wii?

Damn, you quoted me before I had time to correct my rather dyslexic typo.

I can't remember, but I know that Nintendo are in the green on every unit they sell. I'll try and dig up a source.

Quote by Woody_851
im on my 3rd xbox at the moment and getting a new one was easy for me because i got an extended warranty through eb who just let me take it in then they give me a new one but i can see it would be a pain to get it done through microsoft.

yes they should give us new ones free because they generally shouldnt have released a faulty system in the beginning.

Under the guarantee, they do. However, as I have said, the guarantee takes into account the lifespan of the components. You can't expect an electrical component to last forever. It would cost Microsoft millions if they just did a lifetime warranty.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Under the guarantee, they do. However, as I have said, the guarantee takes into account the lifespan of the components. You can't expect an electrical component to last forever. It would cost Microsoft millions if they just did a lifetime warranty.

the point is tho there is a huge percentage of faulty xbox's which are obviously design errors..ive had a xbox, ps2,ps1 n64, megadrive, snes, nes and spectrum and none of these ever broke.
The Internet told me I won a free Xbox! It never got it.
4 strings good, 6 strings bad.
It's just like when my new PS2 broke a *week* after the warranty went out, out of the warranty period, you get nothing.

While I love the 360(I hated the first XBox.); what surprises me are the design flaws that make it an unreliable machine. I know it's Microsoft, but come on.

From what I hear, MS's warranty isn't much, most people that use it get broken 360's/refurbished 360's(which is bull****, when you pay for a new system that ****s up due to *their* design flaw, you're supposed to pay for it by getting someone else's broken system?).

My advice is to get a 360 from Best Buy with a two year warranty. During the first year you can exchange your broken 360 for a new one however many times you want--no questions asked. Although they said that during the second year you can only do this once.

My brother and I are on our 4th one. That one will be taken back soon though due to disk-read errors.
"Sticking Feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken"--Tyler Durden

Cufk, TisH, Sips
Is there anyway I can renew my warranty so I won't have to pay a hundred and something bucks to send it in? I'm getting so sick of my faulty disk drive.

As far as having to show proof of purchase...what do I do if mine is a used Ebay bought one?
Quote by H^2

Wise words Trashfan.

trashfan
Quote by Chubbychunks
It's not going to be that great. Although particle physics does give me a hadron.
Quote by thrashfan
Is there anyway I can renew my warranty so I won't have to pay a hundred and something bucks to send it in? I'm getting so sick of my faulty disk drive.

As far as having to show proof of purchase...what do I do if mine is a used Ebay bought one?

i donno man sounds like you will have to print out the ebay receipt..remember they dont stay online forever..should be in your email.
M$ will repair ANY 360 with the Red Rings. If your 360 breaks,just give it the Rings and send it back.