There is a combo amp i am looking into buying. one has celestion gt-75 speakers and one has vintage 30s. the 30s are $150 more. i play mostly metal, i assume the 30s are better, but is it a $150 difference?
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey XXX 60 watt combo
Ibanez TS9 Tubescreamer

Quote by Twist of fate
You're not racist, only black people are.

Quote by clincher09
Ah yes, you have a condition that many guys live with and are affected by everyday. It's called a penis.
what amp are you looking at?
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
Haha, but no, its the carvin v3 combo. great amp from what i've heard.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey XXX 60 watt combo
Ibanez TS9 Tubescreamer

Quote by Twist of fate
You're not racist, only black people are.

Quote by clincher09
Ah yes, you have a condition that many guys live with and are affected by everyday. It's called a penis.
Quote by SkateEmerica987
There is a combo amp i am looking into buying. one has celestion gt-75 speakers and one has vintage 30s. the 30s are $150 more. i play mostly metal, i assume the 30s are better, but is it a $150 difference?

The gt 75's were used in a lot of 80's rock band recordings and live. Everybody loves to be "vintage" these days so they use these speakers in amps more now but the gt-75's sound good and good for metal. They have sound samples on the celestion website. I have a Vintage 30 in my amp and it sounds good paired with my celestion G12H but there is absolutely nothing wrong with the GT-75's
My Gear:

Fender Strat w/Duncans
Hand Built(by me) guitar w/Duncans
Ibanez RG321MH
Bugera V22
Peavey Vyper 30 Watt
Xotic BB Preamp
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Digitech Hardwire Chromatic Tuner
Fender T-Bucket Acoustic
Digitech Bad Monkey
Are you talking about the G12T-75 from Celestion?

If thats the one, well both sounds reaaally good. My friend and I made some cabs, mine has the V30s, his has the 75s. Both are similar, but there is a noticable difference in sounds. The G12T-75s are used in many Marshall cabs, those are 75W each. The V30s are the creme de la creme of speakers imho, they're used in high end H&K cabs, 60W.

BTW the price for a G12T-75 is 120$(CAN), and for a V30 is 150$(CAN). So there's actualy only a 30$ difference between both speakers, the other 120$ diff is maybe from additional features/diff brand.

-Edit: Here's a live sound clip if you wanna check it out. Im the one on the right, playing a KE3Kelly with EMGs (81/85), plugged in a 6505+ through the V30s. My friend on the right plays an NT Warolck with EMGs (81/85) playing into a JSX through the G12T-75s. You get to hear both pretty well with lead and rhythm.. http://www.myspace.com/insightmtl
Last edited by velly69 at Oct 15, 2007,