Poor jobless high school student here
I've managed to stash away about $300 and I'm just dying for an electric guitar.
I have a "plywood" acoustic right now (Prolly not plywood...but with as much as I know it actually could be )
I've been "using" it for a few months now, it's not to bad, but it's really not my style, at least I learned the basics off it

My price range really is $300 so if your gonna say something like "Just save till you have $700+" sorry, but I that would take more years than you know

Another big problem is I don't have an amp either...I found an old Yamaha GA-10 lying around but that can be bought for like 20$ so I don't think that's gonna do much :P.

So is there any hope for me finding a "mildly" decent guitar and amp for around 300$? Or am I better off just buying a PS2 and guitar hero xD (JK! you real players prolly shun GH or something )

I've also heard of running your guitar through the computer...but as far as I know that could be more expensive that just getting an amp lol.

Any advice for the nooblet?
~Wright.
Ibanez or Squier starter packs,
just get them set up correctly and don't bang on them as though they could survive it.
I don't even shred
wow, you used so many smiley faces...
But yea check pawn shops definately.
or Musiciansfriend
There's a place where a depth charge ignites.
My friend got away with an Epiphone SG (not bad really for a starting guitar) and a 15 Watt Spider (for someone on a budget it will do... but dont expect much :O) at GC for $300
Quote by ottoavist

i suppose there's a chance
i'm just a litte too shallow to consider
that maybe i've been a little more eager
each day to wake up and take a shower
brush my teeth and smile for the mirror
Dude go to a pawn shop. I got a guitar+amp for $330! The guitar isnt the greates since its only a strat copy but the amp is a Marshall Valvestate.
I guess I am sort of asking for a miracle lol...and sorry about all the emotes.

But even if I went to a pawn shop I would have no idea what I was looking at lol... That is, If I could find a pawn shop around here...

I'd come back with a good looking piece of junk and 300$ lighter.
Don't have any guitar friends around here to take with me to help out...i'm pretty much screwed xD