Well, I made a horrible mistake in my life whne i was beginning guitar and I bought a Line 6 Spider . I was wondering if the Vox Pathfinder was any good? Please comment!

Btw... I'm a lil new to UG
Oh Ya I'm pretty Poor so if you have any other suggestions my max is about $149 USD
just save to buy something that doesn't suck ass
SMALL CLONE of the EHX User's Guild

Quote by Ishiga
NOSOUPFORYOU.

Quote by Gurgle!Argh!
this is barely a question. only an idiot would buy a zune.
Quote by Vantage
I think the Vox AD15VT could be a better choice.

+1, nice little amp, I have the 30 watt version.

I think the ad15vt is around $190 so it's around your price range TS.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
I also vote AD15VT because the VJ really isn't a beginner's amp. All it's got is a Volume knob so that doesn't give him much control over tone. He should be able to experiment to find a tone he likes. Down the road, the VJ may be a good amp for him though. Maybe if you plan to mod it or something.
Ben
Well I was thinkin, since the ts already got a modelling amp to experiment with tones that he liked, even tho it was a spider :p , so if the ts knows he wants classic rock or something similar the EVJ would be good for that. But the Vox ad15vt's are still very nice ..
Dont buy this amp, my freind has it and its the biggest piece of **** Ive ever seen.
Guitars-
Schecter S-1 Elite
Fender MIM Strat
Epiphone SG Faded
Epiphone Sheraton II

Amps-
Peavey Valveking 212

Pedals-
Dunlop CryBaby
Boss NS-2
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS9

CHECK OUT MY BAND AT http://www.myspace.com/noneofusalone
Thanks I don't want anymore **** in my room,thats the spider right now.....
If he's talking about the Vox valvetronix then I would also say he is mistaken, not a nice tube amp. However for what it is it's a great line of amps, that do very well for practicing and messing around with sounds.

I can't comment on the ad15 but yeah i'm assuming it's very similar to the ad30vt.

Also I too agree with the EVJ, it'll probably get loud and the TS would likely need a pedal. I liked the head version though, some nice classic rock sounds.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Quote by Vantage
I think the Vox AD15VT could be a better choice.

+1, it's more versatile.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I think im going to buy a vlave jr.. I tried that out and I like the sound
Quote by muffinman123192
I also vote AD15VT because the VJ really isn't a beginner's amp. All it's got is a Volume knob so that doesn't give him much control over tone. He should be able to experiment to find a tone he likes. Down the road, the VJ may be a good amp for him though. Maybe if you plan to mod it or something.

Funny, my first real amp was an AD15VT, and it did exactly that. During the year or so I had it, it helped me find my sound, plan out a pedalboard, and mature, tonally. I used what I learned, and bought a Valve Junior. Coinsidance? NO! Good planning!
Quote by Celotex
I think im going to buy a vlave jr.. I tried that out and I like the sound

if you know you like the sound, go with it. it's a nice amp (i have one), as long as you know its limitations and don't need it to be too versatile.

depending on where you are, a crate v8 or palomino 5 watter, or peavey valveking royal 8, would also be worth a look.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
eh what the hell? valve junior is plenty versatile! turn the volume down for nice smooth tubey cleans or crank it up for some rockin! thats all the versatility i ever need anyway.
depends what you mean by versatile, i guess. when most people say "versatile" (at least round UG), it's normally swiftly followed but "br00talz", "metalz", or raised devil horns...

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?