hey. so im playing a gibson les paul through a mesa triple rec and im currently using a gibson dirty fingers pup in the bridge. i installed that thing back when i was playing out of a crummy little 50 watt solid state amp that needed an extra boost. well now that i have the setup of my dreams im becoming really disappointed with the sound of the dirty fingers. as the name might suggest it sounds really dirty and not very precise or tight.

i play mainly metal/screamo/punk and im thinking about either an emg 81 or maybe a seymour duncan invader or distortion or possibly something else. i want to know some of your guys' opinion on which pickup would fit me best. im pretty set on the emg i think but i want to see what you all say.

thank you and i appreciate any intelligent responses.
the first step to failure is trying.
Well, if you have money to buy a gibson, and tripple rectifier, and gibson-brand pups (overpriced, imo), then I will say Bareknuckle Pickups. Google them and go to their forums for soundclips/fanatics.
|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile
ya bearknuckles are great, but they hafta be imported. otherwise the active emgs are nice, i have em on my schecter hellraiser. it would be hard to just put one in though since their active, so id probobly do the usual 81/85 combo, or if you want warmer/better cleans do the 81/60 combo(what james hetfield of metallica uses)
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey XXX 60 watt combo
Ibanez TS9 Tubescreamer

Quote by Twist of fate
You're not racist, only black people are.

Quote by clincher09
Ah yes, you have a condition that many guys live with and are affected by everyday. It's called a penis.
you cant go wrong with invaders...i cum to those..........
duncans are awesum
my friends custom les paul has invaders on them and its crazy...a lil pricy tho?
yeah... invaders are super muddy-sounding

If he's got the money, I say BKPs, or maybe try the new Seymour Duncan Blackouts? Active pups, supposed to be able to blow EMGs out of the water.
|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile
Quote by berysLTD_h-50
you cant go wrong with invaders...i cum to those..........
duncans are awesum
my friends custom les paul has invaders on them and its crazy...a lil pricy tho?

Yes you can, invaders sound like crap and are WAY too harsh and trebly sounding.

I'll second the barenuckles, I haven't gotten a chance to play a guitar with them on them but I've heard GREAT things about them. EMGs are a good pickup for what you play as well. If you want Duncans, either go with the new BlackOuts or a JB/Jazz set or maybe even a Custom Custom.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Customize your own pickups at www.highorderpickups.com.

Cheaper than off the shelf Gibsons .
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.