alright so i used to play bass alot and needed a better amp then the rental from my guitar store, so i got an old Fender Bassman 100 off one of my dads friends. The thing is pretty big (360w) and the only thing wrong with it is that it is missing the treble dial on the front but i could live without that.

anyways, over the summer i bought my first electric guitar and have literally played it like.. no less than 3 hours a day, and now ive been thinking that its time to get rid of the bass amp and get a guitar amp. This would mean selling my bassman and depending how much i get for it, spending some of my own money.

Now i cant decide between which amp i should get. i havent done much research, but i think ive narrowed it down to:

Marshall MG15MSII Micro Stack Series II
or
Marshall MG50DFX 1x12" Guitar Combo Amplifier

any imput on any of my ideas is greatly appreciated, considering i dont know much about amps at all.

much thanks
-mroe
the mg series is pretty bad.

both of those amps have lifeless tones.

what type of music do you play? what's ur budget?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
i play mostly rock. zeppelin, floyd, all that jazz you know?

My budget is really whatever i can get out of the bassman plus maybe 100 for 150 from me (gotta save for college). i thought the guy bought it new at like 900 dollars.. but i dunno for sure. i just hope to get a couple hundred out of it.

any suggesstions for around 300-400 dollars for a good one? i really doesnt have to be that massive cause ive already been forced to my basement. i dont need it getting too loud, but loud enough.

thanks
-mroe
if your looking for a "first guitar amp" the vox AD30VT is a great model if you are learning and want to mess aroudn wiht different sounds

its has plenty of effects and amp models to choose from and has a great tone to top it off

if you are into more of a metal type of genre the roland cube 30 is a great substitute

edit: both of these can easily satisfy your volume needs for a basement
Do not go MG.
Oh no he just divided by zero again...*gets sucked into vortex*

Originally Posted by Sirwinston89
whoa man this is turning into the Dream Theater appreciation thread!!! If only every thread kicked this much ass!

You're welcome
classic to hard rock, feels like a vox ad30 amp.

if you wanted something heavier, id suggest a cube 30.

both are solid state, moddeling*, practice amps (*wt effects).

both are more reliable, more portable, and sound better than the mg, at a better price.

if you find you want more than a practice amp, maybe a 15W tube amp. there are some really nice amps for $400. but they are pretty loud for bedroom use, and sometimes work best with a pedal. so that's up to you.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

i guess ill keep looking around for whats right for me.

thanks alot for the feedback, it helped

-mroe
cool, you seem pretty smart. try some out, and if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by jj1565
cool, you seem pretty smart. try some out, and if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Yeah - MG means Muddy Gain....

The Vox Valvetronix's are a great all-rounder for a first guitar amp.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com