Quote by rockr09
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-RG4EXQM1-Quilted-Maple-Top-Electric-Guitar?sku=519785
I normally play stuff like pantera, metallica, alter bridge, guns n' roses, and a lot of clean stuff. I want a trem too. Its gonna be my Christmas present so I got to keep it close to $450.
How is that Ibanez?

the bands you named are not clean stuff..........

but one of my friends has that, and ive played it a few times. i personally liked it. but im not the best person to give guitar advice........

Jack my swag
Its a mid range Ibanez, so for the price you cant really beat it...
I have an Ibanez Destroyer and I love it (it rapes my Epi LP)... I havent played that particular one, or know anyone who has... but I mean for the price range you really cant go wrong with an Ibanez

Its really pretty too
I like your Christ; I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
-Mohandas Gandhi
I like Ibanez, but for GNR and a lot of clean stuff I wouldn't fully recommend it. for the more distorted stuff like Pantera and Metallica it would be good thought. I play a lot of GNR and clean stuff and I prefer Fender or Gibson myself for that, but I do like Ibanez guitars also, so if that is what you want I think you would be happy overall with it.
Quote by dutch5367
I like Ibanez, but for GNR and a lot of clean stuff I wouldn't fully recommend it. for the more distorted stuff like Pantera and Metallica it would be good thought. I play a lot of GNR and clean stuff and I prefer Fender or Gibson myself for that, but I do like Ibanez guitars also, so if that is what you want I think you would be happy overall with it.

when i played it i was just playing some slayer and metallica riffs, so you should probably take this guys advice

Jack my swag
Please don't buy this Ibanez what you need to buy is a Schecter C-1 FR I played the Ibanez at a guitar center yes its good but the Schecter is amazing and guess what its exactly $450 the pups are better, it looks sexier, and its better quality. Also the trem on the Ibanez is GARBAGE. Don't make a mistake buy the Schecter C-1 FR heres the link.http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-?sku=518491">Schecter C-1 FR Ill send u pics if you want e-mail me at gcorral2730@hotmail.com
Oh yea it also has a nice clean tone if you turn down the volume on the pups. Basically the pups can go from nice clean to meltdown
Quote by madman300
Oh yea it also has a nice clean tone if you turn down the volume on the pups.
No, really?

Oh, and that guitar isn't all that. I wouldn't pay $450 for it, especially if you're planning to give the trem a workout.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
I mean, I could replace the trem if it ever needed it....
It says it isnt a Edge III, but a Licensed Floyd Rose?
It has EMGs, and I've never been able to get more than half decent cleans out of EMGs. But if you have experience with them and know you'll like them as far as the pickups go, why not?
I'm a communist. Really.
Look at the Agile AL-3000 or higher models on rondomusic.com

Or a Fat Strat.

Or a used S470.

Or an RG321 with new pickups.

Just dont get an Ibanez with a weak trem, especially if you're going to use it alot.
^ O, I was talking about the Ibanez.
And the Schecter doesn't have EMG's, it has duncan designed active pickups, which is the biggest turnoff for me.
Quote by madman300
the trem on the Ibanez is GARBAGE

hmmm, I've never heard of that tuning

But yeah, don't get a weak trem if you're going to use it a lot.
|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile
Excellent gutiar for the price, I'm considering that one for my next guitar.
It's GANDHI not GHANDI

Quote by lewymcgee
oh yea, stanleybach, what are u like the forum ass hole, stop tryin to ruin all the fun u dick head

Quote by webbtje
Stanleybach fucked a tree. My perversion is nothing.