Page 1 of 3
everytime someone at the skatepark says they listen to punk, it's usually the causualties, nofx, bad religion, ya know the mainstream punk stuff. But, i'm not a huge fan of that stuff. Not that its bad, I just prefer bands that say "WE SKATE and YOU DONT"

like JFA, Rabies, Bad antics, smut peddlers, concrete facelift, mostly all nardcore labels.
Is anyone out there in too skate punks? Or even skate?

I find it hard to find good bands in this genre
IIIIIIIIIIIIIII ain’t got no respect!
For people that are politically correct
yeah i skate, better at skating than guitar but yeah i like minor threat, i guess they are kinda skatepunk umm mike v. and the rats stuff is good from what they came out with....
dont know if this helps you but my favourites to skate to are circle jerks bad brains and dead kennedys
jacksons rule
I skate a bit, i have a longboard in the mail and i'm very excited.

Best Skate bands:
(no order really)
Ill Repute
JFA
Dr. Know
Agression
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I don't want to give myself over to a world of Regina Spektor, Van Gogh posters, and loud conversations about how wasted they got.
I used to skate alot, see my user name. I was never very good though. Once I got really into playing guitar, I quit skating and I don't really miss it at all
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Gang Green
Adolescents
D.R.I.
Germs
Misfits
Black Flag
Circle Jerks
I love all forms of Rock 'n' Roll, past and NOT present
Quote by element4433
I used to skate alot, see my user name. I was never very good though. Once I got really into playing guitar, I quit skating and I don't really miss it at all

Same here. minus the user name thing. skatepunk is ok...only ever heard JFA because I thought it was a funny name...jody foster's army. ha. free john hinckley! and yes, SNFU is great, guy who mentioned them.

...and i'm done.
Quote by AmishPhonebooks
Same here. minus the user name thing. skatepunk is ok...only ever heard JFA because I thought it was a funny name...jody foster's army. ha. free john hinckley! and yes, SNFU is great, guy who mentioned them.

...and i'm done.

That would be me.

1! 2! SNFU!
Quote by recklessnick
isnt skate punk now called melodic hardcore

people started to call pop-punk melodic hardcore because it was a bit harder

Quote by Mav-16
Gang Green
Adolescents
D.R.I.
Germs
Misfits
Black Flag
Circle Jerks

I think when Greg Ginn starts a solo people who listen to it while skating will fall from their boards it´s too complicated

I think:
Descendents
ALL
US Bombs
Millencolin
Agent Orange
Only Crime
Strike Anywhere
sound like skate punk
what's the definition for skate punk?
I mean some of the bands lavazza mentioned don't sound the same...
alll the **** lavazza listed was pop-punk. i can't skate to that crap. i need HARDCORE punk to skate too.

woman
Quote by Mav-16
alll the **** lavazza listed was pop-punk. i can't skate to that crap. i need HARDCORE punk to skate too.

woman

sorry....but if you watch anywhere US Bombs are characterised as skate-punk and Millencolin, too......But I cannot imagine that anybody skates while listen to a Ginn-solo....maybe:

Gang Green
SSD
Minutemen
The Pist
Quote by lavazza
sorry....but if you watch anywhere US Bombs are characterised as skate-punk and Millencolin, too......But I cannot imagine that anybody skates while listen to a Ginn-solo....maybe:

Gang Green
SSD
Minutemen
The Pist

sorry, but black flag is my favorite band to listen too while i skate
None of those bands were pop punk
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
i skate, i suck., but apparantly we have ppl with good taste at my skatepark, (alotta ppl blastin led zepp, the who, good classic rock for us to hear)
Quote by nt1440
i skate, i suck., but apparantly we have ppl with good taste at my skatepark, (alotta ppl blastin led zepp, the who, good classic rock for us to hear)
coughcough punk forum, we're talking about skate punk coughcough

Even when I liked Classic rock, I could never skate to it. I needed fast loud stuff when I skated
Quote by blackflag49
Not even the Descendents?
Well.....

After Milo Goes to College, yes.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Good punk songs to skate to:
Battles- The Virus
Zombie- Screeching Weasel
No Class- Reagan Youth
Ultra Violence Lower Class Brats
Background Music- Lower Class Brats
Disconnected- Face To Face
Did You Wanna Die- Youth Brigade
I Hate My Life- Youth Brigade

I don't know if they're really 'skate punk', but they're solid, fast, and melodic. If thats not skate punk then I dont know what it is. but I can't believe people even listen to punk when they're skating anymore. In my town we just have skating emos(not really emos, they just wear black clothes and hair and worship the anarchy symbol) now.
Quote by dookie_dude_
Good punk songs to skate to:
Battles- The Virus
Zombie- Screeching Weasel
No Class- Reagan Youth
Ultra Violence Lower Class Brats
Background Music- Lower Class Brats
Disconnected- Face To Face
Did You Wanna Die- Youth Brigade
I Hate My Life- Youth Brigade

I don't know if they're really 'skate punk', but they're solid, fast, and melodic. If thats not skate punk then I dont know what it is. but I can't believe people even listen to punk when they're skating anymore. In my town we just have skating emos(not really emos, they just wear black clothes and hair and worship the anarchy symbol) now.

and you forgot......

RAP
Quote by Mav-16
and you forgot......
RAP

that's what they listen to.
They all listen to Rap and Pop Rock, I asked them.
Quote by dookie_dude_
that's what they listen to.
They all listen to Rap and Pop Rock, I asked them.

yeah it's so pathetic, for about 30 years, skating was seen as the "bad thing" to do, low life drug ridden kids were the only ones skating. now, rich yuppies are skating, pullin up in there big ass trucks that there mommy and daddy bought em for a christmass present, and they pull out and bust out a skateboard and all they do is stand.

grrrrrrrrr!!!!!!
I skate and I suck at it. I don't see Bad Religion or NOFX as skate punk, but they are good tunes to skate too. I always saw pop/punk bands like Blink 182, Offspring, Animo, GOB, and Sum 41 as more along the lines of skate punk.

I'll probably get flamed for listing those bads, but whatever, they're good pop/punk and good music to skate too. Adolescents and Rancid are also good punk bands to skate too, though I don't think I'd classify them as skater punk either.

Meh, whatever, it's music.
-"Sunny Jane" '04 MIM Sunburst Fender Tele. DD HB102(n)
-"Sapphire" Indie Tribal Extreme
-"Joy" Vintage 1100N Acoustic
-"Booty" Black Squier Jazz Bass
Traynor YCS50 1x12 (V30 Speaker)
Mark Bass Little Mk II
1x15 bass cab
dude, don't bust on rap, i listen to my fair share of skate punk, but sometimes some good hip-hop or rap is good for skating. I enjoy it.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I don't want to give myself over to a world of Regina Spektor, Van Gogh posters, and loud conversations about how wasted they got.
i started skating because i thought it looked cool and would make me look cool. xP, thats the real truth
i love skating to stuff like nofx, against all authority and basically those music you find in tony hawk games
punk that you (personally) skate to does not necessarily equal skate punk. having said that...

anyone out there like to bomb hills? you can get going pretty damn fast down the bike path on this one hill here. hah...yeah.
dude, there are a few hills around here that are ****ing insane. I mean, it is florida, but north florida has some hills, and they are scary as hell, personally, i like riding on small inclines, or flat ground, or in skate parks.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
Quote by AmishPhonebooks
punk that you (personally) skate to does not necessarily equal skate punk. having said that...

anyone out there like to bomb hills? you can get going pretty damn fast down the bike path on this one hill here. hah...yeah.

+1
Quote by element4433
Ditto
私の名前はアジリョです

Quote by MarshmallowPies
I snapped my high E once and sliced my finger open, so I can only assume snapping the low E would put me into a coma or something.
Y'kno, I made a Skate Punk thread a few months ago. It never really took off. I guess this one is better.

These are my favorite bands to skate to:

Gang Green
Descendents
Millencolin
Aggression/RKL/Dr. Know/Ill Repute/any Nardcore band
The Faction
Guttermouth
JFA
Lagwagon
Adolescents/Agent Orange/D.I./pretty much any OC band
Suicidal Tendencies
NOFX (early stuff mostly)
Big Boys
Los Olvidados
SNFU
Pennywise
Blue Collar Special
US Bombs
Clay Wheels
Skate Death
Suicide Machines
Free Beer
Drunk Injuns
Worthless
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
^^ basically summed it up +1
Quote by CowsWithGuns
Quote by blackflag49
I skate, but I suck.

+1

You can never fucking trust Canada when Canada decides to report on world news that doesn't concern Canada. Canada is only in it for Canada's sake. Canada doesn't even know Batman.

Fuck Canada
Page 1 of 3