I right now have a Pod XT (not live) and I like it, except for the fact it's way too complicated, and is a bitch to switch around effects in the middle of a song. Now someone I know offered to trade me his Boss ME-50 for my Pod XT. Should I go for the trade?
Last edited by GoodGod at Oct 15, 2007,
I wished that I had all the time back that I wasted on trying to get good sounds out of Line 6 pods. I would have used that time for more useful things, like crossing the Pacific in a boat without a sail. I've had both the Line 6 and Boss. I would get the Boss. Pretty good setup for the price.
I can't comment on the 50, but my Pod XT Live blows a friend of mines Boss 33 away on everything. There's no way I'd trade it for that. I do feel your setting pain though and after hours of of messing with it I have 4 saved settings I use alot. Not much for the hours invested, but I found this the other night and ordered it right away along with the book listed at the bottom of the page. Haven't received it yet, but I hope it's worth it.

http://www.licklibrary.com/ProductDetail.aspx?Product=VmVC%2bh3Pyo4%3d
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
can't comment on the xt, but, back when i had my xt live, it blew the me-50 out of the water. try his out and if you like the tones you get from it, go for it. but i didn't like the me-50 very much, at all. perhaps buy the line 6 foot controller for your pod?
Well as far as i know the XT retails at a lot more than the ME-50 so youd loose a bit of money. But i have the ME50 and it sounds very good and is very easy to use.
Quote by DeadMansCurve
Well as far as i know the XT retails at a lot more than the ME-50 so youd loose a bit of money. But i have the ME50 and it sounds very good and is very easy to use.

Nope,

boss me-50 http://www.zzounds.com/item--BOSME50 295
pod xt- http://www.zzounds.com/item--LINPODXT 299

I think I'll probably do the trade. Next Line 6 product I buy will probably be the PocketPod. Those look like such fun
Last edited by GoodGod at Oct 16, 2007,
^Oh, i was thinking of the pod XT live, sorry about that. Well id say do the trade because the ME50 is prettymuch stompbox layout and very versatile(although the distortion on the pod might be a little bit better)
Well as far as effects wise, the ME50 is unbeatable for a multi-fx. The chorus is awesome, the phaser is good but has a massive volume boost for some reason, the delays are very, very good and have heaps of options. Then theres the reverb and compressor which are both good, and its all set out like stompboxes. But distortion wise, i like the distortion from the pod better, the ME-50 used with a SS amp can sometimes sound a bit thin.
Quote by DeadMansCurve
Well as far as effects wise, the ME50 is unbeatable for a multi-fx. The chorus is awesome, the phaser is good but has a massive volume boost for some reason, the delays are very, very good and have heaps of options. Then theres the reverb and compressor which are both good, and its all set out like stompboxes. But distortion wise, i like the distortion from the pod better, the ME-50 used with a SS amp can sometimes sound a bit thin.

Could I plug a BOSS DS-1 in before the ME-50? Or would that screw everything up?
Well ive tried plugging a couple of distortion pedals in before and after it and it doesnt sound right. It wont screw anything up putting a distortion pedal in front. But who knows, you might like the distortion on it, but its hard to get a nice smooth tone from it, although might be my amp(my carvin SX sounded better with it but its dead at the moment).
Last edited by DeadMansCurve at Oct 18, 2007,
I'd stick with the pod and play with it and probably I would get the sound i want.
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots