The Edge trem on my RG needs to be replaced, so I was wondering if I should take this chance to try a Lo-Pro. Now my question to all the Ibanez Trem experts is: does the Lo-Pro is the same stability, flutter, as the Edge? Which one holds tuning better? I also heard the Lo-Pro comes back to perfect pitch after a pull-up better than the Original Edge. Can anyone attest to this? So many questions! Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Edited for stupidity.
Last edited by JeffWiredBeck24 at Oct 15, 2007,
I can only answer one of your questions accurately, a lopro 6 is for six string guitars and a lopro 7 is for seven string guitars.
Gibson SG Special Ebony
Epiphone Sheraton w/ Seymour Duncan JB and SH-1 '59
Fender 1985 Made in Japan Stratocaster
Ibanez S470 DXQM Charcoal Brown
Simon Patrick CW Spruce Top Acoustic
Quote by teamzaius
I can only answer one of your questions accurately, a lopro 6 is for six string guitars and a lopro 7 is for seven string guitars.

Well I feel like an idiot for not figuring that out. Thanks.
They are EXACTLY the same design aside from the fine tuners being pushed back and the locks being shortened. I do hear there are differences in flutter and stuff but I don't see how.
DRAGONFORCE IS THE HARDEST METAL KNOWN TO MAN
LoPro 7 is a LoPro 6 with an additional saddle.

As far as quality/flutter/stability goes, the Edge and LoPro are brothers, and are made from the same meat. Both are about as good as it gets to the same extent. With a correct setup, the choice between the two is pure preference. They even have identical routes.

Only thing I'd mention is that Edge has slightly more pull-up range than the LoPro for obvious reasons (the reasons being that a low profile trem has more meat under the bridge, and bottoms out earlier). On the upside, LoPros are a bit easier to restring, since the string lock is exposed, while on Edge you usually have to dive the bridge to access it easily (depends on how low your Edge sits).
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
^Thanks a lot guys. So the Lo-Pro's tuning stability is just as good as the Edge's yes? Also, can attest to what I read on Jemsite that Lo-Pro's return to perfect pitch better than an Edge from a pull-up?
Quote by JeffWiredBeck24
Also, can attest to what I read on Jemsite that Lo-Pro's return to perfect pitch better than an Edge from a pull-up?
That's voodoo. Both will have equally perfect return to pitch if they are correctly balanced, setup is king here.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
i've heard the flutter isn't just so good on the lo-pro edge compared with the edge (because the clamps are closer to the fulcrum, less mass further away from the fulcrum = less flutter), but other than that, +1 on pifty. They should be equally good in terms of "quality"...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Oct 16, 2007,
My original Edge return to prefect pitch fine.

I know Satriani prefers the original Edge over the Lo Pro because the Lo Pro doesn't flutter as well or so I've heard. All of his guitars have an Original Edge even his 7 string and hes only been spotted playing an Edge Pro once.
DRAGONFORCE IS THE HARDEST METAL KNOWN TO MAN
^ yeah, that's what i heard too. Oh and I'll edit my previous post to make it more obvious as to which trem I'm referring.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
i've heard the flutter isn't just so good on the lo-pro edge compared with the edge (because the clamps are closer to the fulcrum, less mass further away from the fulcrum = less flutter), but other than that, +1 on pifty. They should be equally good in terms of "quality"...

Eeh, I don't know really. Next time I take my LoPro out, I'll try to determine where its center of gravity sits. Most of the mass of the trem would be in the sustain block and baseplate joint area - which is the same on both of them. LoPro still has the massive "tail" and the fine tuner rods at the back (they're just under the trem surface), so it's not like it's not as tail-heavy as the Edge. Once again, I don't think that's the reason at all, even if the LP is really lighter at the back.
i guess i stand corrected.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'm not putting it down as a fact, just my technical musings.

Having both at hand, I can't really attest to a lack of flutter in LoPro. It flutters - even though I'm big time not fond of the effect. There is a number of factors involved in the flutter-ability, one of the greatest would be your spring configuration. Arrow pattern springs require more force to stretch than the same springs in a straight pattern. There's a bit of math involved in proving this, that I'm sure nobody wants to know of ( ), but the result is that arrow pattern springs are stiffer at the same tuning (and allow for less flutter) - and that's assuming that all Edge users use the same springs. The same way, string gauge and elasticity affect the system the same way. Due to all of that, it's really quite impossible to just blame all the perceived differences on the trem model, since every setup is different.
Quote by pifty
I'm not putting it down as a fact, just my technical musings.

Having both at hand, I can't really attest to a lack of flutter in LoPro. It flutters - even though I'm big time not fond of the effect. There is a number of factors involved in the flutter-ability, one of the greatest would be your spring configuration. Arrow pattern springs require more force to stretch than the same springs in a straight pattern. There's a bit of math involved in proving this, that I'm sure nobody wants to know of ( ), but the result is that arrow pattern springs are stiffer at the same tuning (and allow for less flutter) - and that's assuming that all Edge users use the same springs. The same way, string gauge and elasticity affect the system the same way. Due to all of that, it's really quite impossible to just blame all the perceived differences on the trem model, since every setup is different.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?