I'm going to a riot october 27th against canada troops in irak. It's happening in Montreal. If anyone live in quebec let me know. What do you guys think about this and have you ever been to a riot ? (i've been to many)

Thats to p0nx for me *-)
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
up da punx
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
Haha, I thought this was about that Paramore shirt everyone wears when I read the title. But that is very p0nx of you.
dude, you dont plan riot's, you go to protests to protest. but i guess have fun throwing a brick through the window of an independent grocer or something hardcore like that
Rioting is dumb. Planning a riot is even dumber.

A riot is the perfect way to get everyone not to listen to what you have to say, while at the same time causing damage which will be paid for and cleaned up by honest, hardworking people.
Quote by sargasm

A riot is the perfect way to get everyone not to listen to what you have to say, while at the same time causing damage which will be paid for and cleaned up by honest, hardworking people.

hey... you're right
Quote by sargasm

Well said.
He who acts, conquers.Nashvillepunk.org

I'm old, I'm tired, and I have acid reflux. So don't mess with me.
Quote by Bloodycrass
I'm going to a riot october 27th against canada troops in irak. It's happening in Montreal. If anyone live in quebec let me know. What do you guys think about this and have you ever been to a riot ? (i've been to many)

you
are
an.....

idiot
I love all forms of Rock 'n' Roll, past and NOT present
Quote by sargasm

Exactly. The media especially love a good riot to over shadow the point of the protest.
Quote by radio_schizo
Exactly. The media especially love a good riot to over shadow the point of the protest.

well protesting is completly ****ing useless anyway

so....
have fun trying to beat the system.
Quote by Mav-16

so....

Protesting is not necessarily going to make a huge impact, but it sends a message and combined with further action, might be a step towards making some serious change. It also lets the public know about an issue of which they might not have been aware before.
Quote by Mav-16

so....

that´s one of the most idiotic points of view I´ve ever seen.....it´s always helpful to stand up for what you want to get attention, when you get attention people will start to deal with what you say and if it´s reasonable they´ll maybe agree....or just to show your flag against whatever, nazis or something like that, to show them, you have to beat me first
dude, you're a retard. just protest, me and some people are going to a protest sometime in november.

and you know our troops are unarmed, right? i think that maybe why you are doing this to get them out and safe, but i'm double-checking.
lol when i first read the title i thought you were talking about paramore....lol but as i read... i soon realised i was wrong lol

and while im here i might as well say this...

why would you plan a riot act on impluse lol
Quote by Mav-16

so....
Not if enough people protest.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
protests don't do anything.... the media learned how to deal with messags of protests a long time ago.... quit wasting your time, and get a job
Quote by Mav-16
protests don't do anything.... the media learned how to deal with messags of protests a long time ago.... quit wasting your time, and get a job

So you think people should admit defeat and let governments do what the hell they want? Protests might not always get results but they do add pressure on the government and get more people behind the issue. And the more people against a certain issue the more pressure put on the government. I see where you are coming from but if no one protested then what hope do people ever have of resolving issues they are against.

Anyway there are countless examples where protests have sparked off a change in the way governments and corporations act.
Quote by lavazza
from california....mhm.......brainwashed by Arnie.....

what about the riots that lynched Ceauscescu or Mussolini

you idiot, that was YEARS ago... it is an entirely different world now. and i am not brainwashed by arnie, he is an idiot
Quote by Mav-16

funny you called arnold an idiot. protests dont do anything? exscuse me that is so stupid its taking me a few minutes to gather myself.
OK here we go although protest won't stop something in its tracks, most of the time, it informs people and gets people to hear the cause and thats just as valuable. and if were not gonna protest what exactly should we do? talk to our already like minded friends?? punks a ghetto..............
Quote by Mav-16

So Mav, you suggest that it's better to just sit on my ass and not give a **** about what happens in the world? Is that how things will get done?
Quote by Mav-16

I'm sorry if this makes your head explode but it is possible to protest, dumpster dive, boycott certain products, etc. and still have a job. I just figured you may not be aware since you add "get a job" to every post that involves things of that nature.
Minister of n00b harassing of the Punk and Ska fourm.
Quote by capsfan17, ss311, newyorkdolls138, somepunkkid, johnnynemo, axeslash, BrianApocalypse, mike2, dookie dude, lavazza and pinheadslts75
Thank God for CowsWithGuns

Quote by MattTheArsonist
Cowswithguns is my forum hero.

Quote by UraniYum
Cowswithguns is some kind of god on earth.

Love is never having to say your safeword.
You know, when bands sing about "rioting against the system" and those kind of things they don't really mean go out and start a random riot and hope you get your message across.

And if they do want you to start a random riot, you shouldn't listen to them anyways.

As if the cops didn't like beating the **** out of us for no reason, just see exactly how much fun they'll have when you give them the legal authority to do so.

You know, I seem to remember a Dead Kennedys song about this very situation which gives a good picture of what happens in this situation.

I mean, you get all of your political ideas from punk rock songs, right?
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
Last edited by axeslash at Oct 17, 2007,
Quote by blackflag49
If standing around holding signs and yelling made a real difference in America, there'd be more rules to stop people from doing it.
Vote blackflag49.

You might wanna double-check that claim. There are plenty of things in place that make it more difficult to hold a protest. And from there it's not always easy to get the media to pay attention.

Going out once every four years and voting doesn't make any more of a difference. Democrat or Republican, it doesn't matter. They're all susceptible to corruption, and it happens on both sides. They have their own (and corporate) interests to look out for. Giving them the power to do so seems kinda like the opposite of making a difference...of course, that's just one opinion. And having said that, a random OR planned riot isn't any way to make a difference either. But, I'm done. hah
Quote by AmishPhonebooks

Going out once every four years and voting doesn't make any more of a difference. Democrat or Republican, it doesn't matter. They're all susceptible to corruption, and it happens on both sides. They have their own (and corporate) interests to look out for.

If you're only voting every four years, you're doing it wrong. There's more than one election, and they're all important.

Especially the Punk Forum presidential election, in which your vote should be for Sargasm.
Last edited by sargasm at Oct 17, 2007,
Quote by sargasm
If you're only voting every four years, you're doing it wrong. There's more than one election, and they're all important.

Especially the Punk Forum presidential election, in which your vote should be for element.
Fixed

Voting does make a difference. It can get people who are doing a horrible job out and somebody that might do a better job in.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

yes, corruption will always be there, regardless of any political thinking. greed gets the best of everyone, a liberal may be elected president, then turn conservative, who knows he may have been brainwashed by the C.I.A. you never know, what i have learned is people suck. and nothing is going to change.

so getting wasted and waving a little sign around, will do nothing, but hang out with punks and hippies all day. do you SERIOUSLY think a conservative person CARES what punk and hippies say? hahaahah wow.
Elections don't mean anything (except for the punk forum elections of course). Voting for people who have a great platform doesn't mean shit when the electoral process is rigged. That's all I'm saying. I think democracy is a nice idea, I just don't think it really exists in North America.

It's not that I don't care enough to vote. If I go out and vote just because I can, and not because I honestly think it'll make a difference, or because I honestly believe in the things the person I'm voting for stands for, then there really is no point. That's not democracy, that's American Idol, and popularity contests are boring.

Again, this is just one opinion.
Voting is usually a matter of trying to elect the lesser of two evils. It's a sad reality, but it's what we have to work with.

I heard a story about a neo-nazi party getting something like 17% of the vote in France (don't quote me on this) because voter turnout was so low one year.
Quote by Mav-16
you idiot, that was YEARS ago... it is an entirely different world now. and i am not brainwashed by arnie, he is an idiot

Keep quiet just try to discuss this......But did you watch some News the last weeks, do you really think the first world would give a fück about what happens in Burma if the monks were´nt protesting and sentenced to death by military....those are protest and with international help it´s much easier to improve the situation.
You won´t see a sign directly but behind this the pressure on politicians becomes bigger with every protetsant.
Quote by AmishPhonebooks
Elections don't mean anything (except for the punk forum elections of course). Voting for people who have a great platform doesn't mean shit when the electoral process is rigged. That's all I'm saying. I think democracy is a nice idea, I just don't think it really exists in North America.

It's not that I don't care enough to vote. If I go out and vote just because I can, and not because I honestly think it'll make a difference, or because I honestly believe in the things the person I'm voting for stands for, then there really is no point. That's not democracy, that's American Idol, and popularity contests are boring.

Again, this is just one opinion.

I agree with that 100%

that's exactly what america is
Quote by Mav-16
I agree with that 100%

that's exactly what america is

if america is that bad go out^^

in europe there´s a great differnece if you vote for the greens or the nazis

that´s maybe because in america there´s an idiotic voting system
Quote by lavazza
if america is that bad go out^^

in europe there´s a great differnece if you vote for the greens or the nazis

that´s maybe because in america there´s an idiotic voting system

yes, and it's called the rigged electoral collage. It's all run on computers mainly now. so it can be very easy "misplace" some votes with the click of a button.

ahhhhh the modern age world
Quote by Mav-16
yes, and it's called the rigged electoral collage. It's all run on computers mainly now. so it can be very easy "misplace" some votes with the click of a button.

ahhhhh the modern age world

What will always stick with me is this news footage I saw once. It was of a person recounting the votes in the elections.

She picked up the ballet.

Looked to the left of it.
Looked to the right of it.

And then counted everything that person "voted" for.

She then proceeded to do that again.

"The people who vote, decide nothing. The people who count the votes decide everything." - Josef Vissarionovich Dzhugashvili
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
Quote by axeslash
What will always stick with me is this news footage I saw once. It was of a person recounting the votes in the elections.

She picked up the ballet.

Looked to the left of it.
Looked to the right of it.

And then counted everything that person "voted" for.

She then proceeded to do that again.

"The people who vote, decide nothing. The people who count the votes decide everything." - Josef Vissarionovich Dzhugashvili

exactly

this man knows his stuff